Transformers 2 appropriate for 9 year old boy?

I was wondering since its PG-13 if I should take him.

How bad is the language? I am a Christian put still take Gods name in vein so as long as its not too bad its ok.

Is the movie to sexual for a 9 year old and is there any scene in particullar thats not appropriate

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:32 PM on Jul. 6, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• There is a lot of cussing. It is a very sexual movie. I took my 11 and 6 year old neices to watch it.... Big mistake!
    Anonymous

• My kids loved it.

To me the way I saw the movie was good they did show alot of more special effects rather than the actual movie...take him he would like it.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 4:36 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• I seen the movie 4 times already and took my 7 year old nephew to see it! The movie it self is ok for the child, the only part that a parent might not like is how 2 of the transformer talk, they dont say anything using gods name or anything like that the just talk in street lingo... and i thought the worse part of it was when one of the transformers called another transformer a pussy, but if you arent really paying attention you would notice it, my nephew didnt even notice when they said it he had asked me what he said and i just said he called him a pussy cat! lol
    Anonymous

• I dont know what you consider "very sexual" but I thught there was only one inappropriate scene, but yes there was a lot of cursing. We took our 5yr old son, I should have researched it better but he was dying to see it and since the 1st one wasnt bad I didnt think the 2nd one would be. It was more funnier than anything and would had been a great movie if it werent for all the cursing!
    angieluv

Answer by angieluv at 4:37 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• http://www.kids-in-mind.com/t/transformersrevengeofthefallen.htm   <<Everything you need to know about the movie in detail.  This should help you make a better informed desicion  for your family since every family is different.

But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:20 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• I too took my kids. 5 yr old son and 7 yr old daughter MY 9 yr old daughter saw it with her father. I curse pretty bad myself but this shocked me a bit. Pussy is the worse word and it is kind of just fly by the mouth my kids didnt pay much attentionto that. Sexually though it is couple of adult situations but nothing an older child has not seen on advertisment or regular tv. It all depends on each individual personally. Great movie though!
    leovirgo_mom3

Answer by leovirgo_mom3 at 9:25 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• Wow! If you read the site that was listed by But Mommie you should think that it is not suitable for young children or even pre teen kids! It sound really very sexual!
    Anonymous

• great movie
    Anonymous

• It depends on the matuirty of your child. Most kids his age are looking at the action, the Transformers changing and not the words being said. I think he would be fine seeing the movie.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:08 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I loved the movie! I just saw it the other day. There is some language in it so if you look down on that alot then i wouldnt take him i didnt think it was to sexual and the part that is i dont think many kids know it. The movie i think would be fine for your son to see.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 10:08 AM on Jul. 7, 2009