What do you do for a cheap night out with the family?

We go to the drive-in movies. It is the cheapest family night. We go to a drive-in that has a double feature, so two movies for less than the cost of one at a theater. It's $6 for adults and kids under 12 are free. We pack up a cooler with drinks, and snacks. Tonight we're going to see Ice Age 3 and Night at the Museum 2.

LolosMom

Asked by LolosMom at 4:33 PM on Jul. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• We used to do the same thing. all the kids would fall asleep before the second movie haha. But our drive in burned down:(...
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 4:40 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• It's hot here too, but it's nice to sit out in the night air and watch a movie. My younger two fall asleep before the second movie, but my big girl watches both. She loves it because for the first movie it's all the family, and for the second it's just her with mommy and daddy.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 5:07 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• A night out? Well during the day we do things like go to the zoo. We go to the park sometimes later in the evening so its not so hot. My daughter likes to feed the ducks and the geese at the park. Um I dont know we dont do a lot of things at night, Just play outside in the front or back yard eat dinner type of things. Once in awhile go to chuck-e-cheese.
    andrea_smkns

Answer by andrea_smkns at 7:36 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• I wish we had a drive in here. The closest one is 2 hours away. We get pizza, rent a movie or two, and have a picnic on the living room floor, while we watch the movies.
    debra_benge

Answer by debra_benge at 8:34 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• We took the whole family to the planetarium for $6. I have a 4 yo and an 11 month old. They both did really well, and the 4 yo loved it!
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 11:59 PM on Jul. 6, 2009