Unbelievable to me..................

The Obama administration has the nerve to use the phrase "jobless" recovery.

I already know that employment is a "lagging indicator", but this is ridiculous.

What do you think of the phrase and why are they using it?

mustbeGRACE

Asked by mustbeGRACE at 4:47 PM on Jul. 6, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• WTH does "jobless recovery" even mean?
    Anonymous

• I looked it up. Basically, Obama just broke another promise. What else is new??
    Anonymous

• Nothing new there. I wish it was unbelievable to me, sadly I don't expect much.
    Anonymous

• Can't understand why they are using it, and I think it's a joke too. I live in Florida, and our unemployment rate is the HIGHEST in the nation. I never thought that in my lifetime...I'd see this shit. This is a full on depression. Different than the one in 1930's...but one just the same. So sad.
    Anonymous

• It's an economic term, not one coined by Obama and it's an estute observation about what is going on right now.
    Anonymous

• Obama should already be kicked out. It doesnt even seem like he is trying to help us. using needed money on damn rural internet connection? wtf? he is so stupid!
    Anonymous

• "The phrase originated in the early 1990s in the United States, to describe the economic recovery at the end of President George H.W. Bush's term"
    Anonymous

• Anon, do you not understand why rural internet connections are important? It makes it possible for people living in those areas to better conduct business. Maybe you've never lived in a rural area before...
    Anonymous

• Just wanted to correct the person who said Florida has the highest unemployment rate because Michigan has the HIGHEST at 14.1 percent. Floridas unemployment rate is 10.2 percent.

But that is not the point this is crazy! I cant believe all the people out of work, it is truly said!
    Anonymous

• It probably sounded stupid then too.

The fact that we are about to enter a depression certainly puts a new spin on it!

mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 5:08 PM on Jul. 6, 2009