Question about baby kicking? I will be 23 wks on Friday and I dont feel the baby kicking very often is this normal. And when I do a feel a kick it feels like a flutter and I cant see it from the outside of my stomach! When should I be able to see it Kick!

I will be 23 wks on Friday and I dont feel the baby kicking very often is this normal. And when I do a feel a kick it feels like a flutter and I cant see it from the outside of my stomach! When should I be able to see it Kick!

BraxtonsMommy09

Asked by BraxtonsMommy09 at 5:04 PM on Jul. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Your baby is stil very small...it weighs between 1- 1 1/2 pounds. You won't be able to SEE kicking until you're in your third trimester.
    .Peaches.

Answer by .Peaches. at 5:06 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• It's normal for first time moms to not be able to really feel the baby moving until around 25 weeks, so you sound pretty normal. The flutters are absolutely normal. It won't be too long before you can see the kicks outside once they start feeling stronger.
    whittear

Answer by whittear at 5:08 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• i didnt see mine move until i was 26 to 30 weeks so dont worry
    newmom183

Answer by newmom183 at 5:13 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• Every pregnancy is different really. With my first pregnancy, I don't remember what time she started kicking but she was quite a kicker, she was active from fairly early on til she was born. Don't remember when I started seeing it.

With my 2nd pregnancy, I rarely ever felt her kick and never "saw" it. I think her back was to my stomach.

This time around, Little man is a mover and a shaker, I've been feeling him move since before 20 weeks and it's been visible since I was maybe 24 weeks. He's a big fella!

I know a first time Mom who is a month less pregnant than me and a week ago when she was 25 weeks she still hadn't felt any movement. It's all normal. Each pregnancy is different.
    WillDoDa

Answer by WillDoDa at 7:59 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• The first time I felt my daughter kick was probably when I was 25 weeks or so pregnant. This is my second pregnancy and seems to be a very active baby. My husband and I actually got to see my stomach moving a few nights ago. It wasn't anything very noticeable I had to tell him to look closely. Also I'm 20 weeks and I don't feel the movement everyday I actually thought it was something I was eating that made the baby move so much. I do agree that every pregnancy is different in every way!!! Don't worry ,it's when you are further along when you should feel your baby move everyday.
    Gelijones

Answer by Gelijones at 8:31 PM on Jul. 6, 2009