Do you think women use having had children for being fat as an excuse?

I think they do. A girl at work blames being 50 pounds overweight on having had a son (he is 12 years old). I think it is ridiculous! I think they are just making up excuses for their lack of willpower!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:09 PM on Jul. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I am fat and I agree completely. I am not fat because I had three kids, I am fat because I like food and HATE exercise. It is pretty simple. I think it is crappy and lame to blame your kids for your laziness.
    Anonymous

• I think women who post rude questions anonymously may be men on a womens site or an extremely shallow and ditsy woman
    CSRodriguez

Answer by CSRodriguez at 5:14 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• Boy that is some self esteem problems for her child in the making by blaming her child for her problems.

MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 5:15 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• Actually yea it bothers me but only because my mom told me I was the reason she is big my whole life! She claims it is all me the pregnancy with me made her big.
    I've seen picuters of her when she was growing up and she was ALWAYS on the bigger side. Plus I am 25 for crying outloud. And yes it did wear on my selfesteem growing up.
    heather.darin

Answer by heather.darin at 5:21 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• yes, I do. I was (note I said was) naturally skinny....Now I have to work to keep a respectable weight and it sucks because I like to eat and I'm physically lazy.
    I feel better now..........just walking and trying to eat right.
    SoKamele

Answer by SoKamele at 5:37 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• In a way, yes. I do it myself, sort of. I was thin before my kids, never had to work at it, ate whatever I wanted but it was always in healthy portions. Now, I have to actually exercise if I want to be thin again, and like SoKamele said, I'm physically lazy, so....But, my kids are 5 & 8 and honestly, I'd be embarassed to say that it's baby weight. I will say that I didn't gain the weight until I was pregnant, but it's not the pregnancy or the kids' faults that I haven't lost it yet.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 5:43 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• I think pregnancy changes most women's bodies, forever. I am on the thin side and really don't have to work at it, but my body looks different. My tummy isn't quite as tight, my boobs sag a little - it just happens. After being stretched out 4 times it didn't go back to exactly the same as it was before, but I'm comfortable with the way I look. I don't hear many women complaining that physically having the baby made them fat, but I can see where women who have a child don't have the free time they did before kids to work out/eat healthy.

Answer by missanc at 8:47 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• Yes. I definitely think many woman do this! But I myself have struggled with getting the weight off also. I still sympathize with overweight moms though because your body holds on to fat differently and you have less time to concentrate on losing it, plus having children is stressful. I exercise all the time and eat healthier than anyone I know, and I'm still "overweight" because it just doesn't want to come off. I am about to give up on the weight loss part but I will always continue to lead a healthy lifestyle! There is no excuse for being unhealthy!
    pinkgemini85

Answer by pinkgemini85 at 9:48 PM on Jul. 6, 2009