Do you believe honesty is the best policy?

Now tell the truth.. LOL

ArlieBeeMee

Asked by ArlieBeeMee at 5:10 PM on Jul. 6, 2009 in General Parenting

• Yes. Sometimes we have to choose our words wisely to be sensitive to the person being addressed, but by all means yes.. honesty is the best policy. Also good to keep in mind is "do not ask for the truth if you cannot handle it"!
    catholicmamamia

Answer by catholicmamamia at 6:25 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• With kids, yes in an age appropriate manner. I do Santa and the Easter Bunny, but do use honesty at their levels when it comes to most issues.

Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 5:16 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• I believe prudence is the best policy. Sometimes honesty can get you in a lot of trouble especially when you offer it when it's not even asked for (i.e. confessing stuff you should keep to yourself). I believe if a direct question is asked then yes honesty is the way to go yet again, sometimes not expressing all that you know is once again being prudent. I believe in honest yet vague such as in telling little ones about where babies come from before they can process all the honesty. Like I said, Prudence is the way to go for me

Answer by admckenzie at 5:22 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• yes.
    savannahnhi

Answer by savannahnhi at 6:08 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• Yes, I was taught ,if you tell 1 lie,you will have to tell another one,also as the saying goes,if, you lie,you will cheat,if you will cheat, you will steal,so, yes honesty is the best policy,even with kids, but tell the truth for their age,like where do babies come from,tell them the truth and they stop asking questions.
    lady-t3984

Answer by lady-t3984 at 6:16 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• Yes.  Begin by being honest with yourself!  Here are some good book to begin teaching about honesty to children http://astore.amazon.com/wwwcjkidzcom3-20?%5Fencoding=UTF8&node=18

momjs

Answer by momjs at 6:55 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• Yes. If you live an honest life you will save yourself so much trouble. One little white lie can lead to many not so white lies. I tell the truth it is not always easy but I hate liars and could not live with myself if I was one. I expect honesty from my friends and family and when they lie I lose respect. It shows they don't trust me if they lie to me. Without trust you have nothing.
    Anonymous

• Yes, even if you are making yourselves look like an arse, honesty is the key to trust and without trust a person won't want anything to do with you or will always doubt you whether or not they'll admit it.
    Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 7:48 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• Always.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 8:34 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• I believe honesty is best, but I believe in going about it in a tactful way
    beadingmom17

Answer by beadingmom17 at 9:22 PM on Jul. 6, 2009