can i use tap water in my babys bottle?

I ran out of nursery water and I can't walk and I'm alone,is it ok to use tap water? She uses powder formula so there's no need to heat

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:36 PM on Jul. 6, 2009 in General Parenting

• I always used tap and my kids were fine.
    Anonymous

• Yeah its ok! I always did!

SD777

Answer by SD777 at 5:38 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• I did. If it is safe for you to drink then it is safe for her.
    annamcg18

Answer by annamcg18 at 5:38 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• It depends on where you live, where I live the tap water is not safe to drink, but any water will do it doesn't have to be nursery water even though it is best for them. If the tap water in your area is safe to drink then it's totally fine.
    Anonymous

• We only used tap water. Our pediatrician told us there was no real need for most healthy babies to have nursery water. It was a preference in most cases.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 5:39 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• tap water is fine as long as your water is drinkable...
    VictinaG

Answer by VictinaG at 5:40 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• as long as your water is drinkavle its fine. Bottled water has actually been shown to be more dangerous that most tap water.
    If you don't feel 100% comfortable, get a filter for your tap and then the water really will be better than bottled water.
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 5:46 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• Is this something new? When my son was a baby I was told to either boil the water first or used distilled. I thought you weren't supposed to use straight tap.
    cutie222

Answer by cutie222 at 5:47 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• I always used tap. If it truly worries you, then boil it first and stick it in the freezer or fridge to cool down.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 5:49 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• In most places, tap water is better than bottled water. Tap water has regulations on how clean it has to be while bottled water does not.
    Anonymous