Should I be mad at him???

So here is the deal. I have been out of work almost a yr. Since then have 2sit home and do nothing ALL day EVERY day cuz my car broke I live with my boyfriend who works 12+hr days a wk & lately 6 days a wk. I babysit when needed to keep busy. When he gets home from work he is tired and it's late so we do nothing and he wants to play on his computer. So, basically I am still alone. Well, he tells me today that his Dad got 2 tickets to a baseball game and he has to go and I can't. Well, his Dad says I have no say cuz I dnt pay for anything evn tho all the $ I get from sitting goes to my bf to contribute to whatever. Should I be mad? I'm so tired of being alone evn tho we live together...I'm so stressed and upset

tnkrbell860

Asked by tnkrbell860 at 5:38 PM on Jul. 6, 2009 in Relationships

• If your bf wants to go spend the day with his father, and have a break from his 12 hour days at work, he should be able to do so. Hate to admit it, but if you are not working, stay at home all day and only babysit when you are bored and babysit to "keep busy" maybe he resents you for not trying to find something you could do to work from home or somewhere to where he could drop you off when he is headed to work. He has a right to be upset. Sorry.
    Mrs.Phillips007

Answer by Mrs.Phillips007 at 5:44 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• When we only had one car I got the babies out of bed and drove my husband the half hour drive to work and then picked him up at the end of the day. There is no public transportation in our area, and I have never priced a tax, but I think out here in the boonies that it would be $20-$30 each way to get a ride into town. I did sometimes trade rides with neighbors. See if you can make some friends, you can always invite them over for meals if you don't have any transportation. Gardening is a great pass time and can get you food on the table, too. I don't think you should be made that his father got tickets for just the two of them, although I'd be a bit hurt. And if your friend is working 12 hour days, he needs some kick back time when he gets home. He probably considers that you'll take care of finding activities for yourself.

Answer by Bmat at 5:44 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• His dad doesn't get to decide or have a say for you and yours. Yes, I would be upset about what his dad said. No, I wouldn't be upset that my hubby was spending time with his dad.
    I would, however, get your SO to fix the car, if that doesn't happen. Save the babysitting money and get it fixed. You'll feel a lot better once your not house locked.
    SoKamele

Answer by SoKamele at 5:44 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• It's not him going to spend the day with his Dad that I am mad at at all. But more so of when I suggest we do something or go somewhere the answer is generally always NO or IM TIRED. The $ I get from babysitting I give to my Boyfriend to contribute to whatever. The only reason I am out of work is due to medical issues I have been having. I want to be working so bad that is why I babysit whenever people need me. We moved to an area where we don't know ANYONE so I haven't been able to babysit as much as I would. I HATE not working. I have looked online for work from home and the only thing that didn't turn out to be a scam was baby/pet sitting. If I got a job where he could drop me off I would be stuck there because this town from what I know has NO taxi. I hate it here. I don't have any friends here. He even told his Dad BEFORE he went and got the tickets it wasn't a good idea and his father said too bad he was going. Errr idk
    tnkrbell860

Answer by tnkrbell860 at 6:03 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• perhaps you should live somewhere else preferably close to a bus line
    Anonymous

• You and your husband should be one so it would really piss me off his Dad stating that you don't make any money thats bullshit! Apparently your SO is not mad that you are not working so whats it anybody's business and yeah I would be pissed because if you 2 don't spend that much time together due to a good relationship needs that time together! My SO works 12 hours a day Mon - Fri and it is hard but we still make time for each other and on the weekends! I really understand what you mean and yes I would be pissed! Sorry and good luck hun!

Anonymous

• if it were that easy. Right now we live where we do because it is closer to his job and the rent is right. Only $500 a month and only 20mins from his job rather than an hour. I know relationships mean sometimes you have to sacrifice things...but I am just feeling like I'm alone and he's never here even when he is home....
    tnkrbell860

Answer by tnkrbell860 at 6:16 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• let him go but his father shouldn't say things like that. just say to your boyfriend that you need time alone with him as well.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 6:28 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• i know what it's like to be lonely and live like roomate's,the dad had no right to say that,and i also understand that it's hard to find a way around thing's to make life easier.
    princess69-2009

Answer by princess69-2009 at 7:37 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• Well...I am on the other end of the stick. My hubby's biz is failing and he has no paycheck coming in for about five months now....it is all on me and fortunately my biz is doing very well. I work 12-hour days seven days a week to make it happen. And I promise you....if I wanted an outing, he would encourage it. However, it would not be at the family's bidding or cajoling....it would be worked out between us.
    Anonymous