what do you think about the sex offender laws? do you think they need to change?

what do you think about sex offfenders laws now? do you feel that they need to change? are you willing to help out for a good cause? are you willing to put your money where your mouth is? are you willing to step up to the plate & start helping others? if you copy & paste this link you will see what i am hoping for you help with.

http://apps.facebook.com/causes/birthdays/97341?m=e0bc6388

mandyk1010

Asked by mandyk1010 at 5:41 PM on Jul. 6, 2009 in General Parenting

• There should be no sex offender register. When a man molests, rapes or commits incest towards a child he should be in prison for life without any parole. Instead we give them a 6 month sentence then put them on a list that does nothing to protect children. Let out all the non violent drug offenders and keep these guys locked up. In time we would have less and less occurances because fewer and fewer children would be damaged by offenders. Most offenders were sexually abused this is something we can do away with if we just got tough.
    Anonymous

• sex offenders should be castrated, or in some similar way be made miserable for the rest of their lives...
    Anonymous

• The sex offender laws are way to strict. We had a case locally where a couple went on to the net, found an offender in a good neighborhood (with money) and moved in next to him. Then they left their kids with him and filed charges for molestation. Mean while he never touched the kids. They just wanted the money... And it happens all the time. I have no problem with letting the authorities know they are there, but I don't think the public should have access to that. I also don't think they should have to be on the list anylongger than they would have been in prison. If they are sentinced to 10 years and are let free after 7, they should only be on the list for 3... Because every time something happens they are the first to get blamed, even if they did nothing. Not to mention that somewhere aroung 15% of the people on the list are NOT sex offenders but teens that had sex... Just stupid!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:03 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• Oh, and then there is the chemical castration... Are you kidding? There is just so much wrong with that I can't even discuss it. Give them the choice of actual castration... It's nearly painless, they won't grow boobs, it costs the tax payers almost nothing in compairison, and it would still solve the issue... But no, that's in humain... But injecting them with harmful and expencive tax funded chemicals and hormones is okay... AAAHHH!!!

banging head into wall

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:08 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• Ya know that is so up in the air these day. My BF ex spent four years in juvi until the girl who accused him came clean and said she made it all up because he got her brother in trouble at school. The law states if you where ever found guilty of this crime they have you on all those list and such. Well he was found guilty, and still to this day has to ask permission to move in and out of towns and they have to notify his nieghbors. He has been to court a bizillion times over this. He won a huge lawsuit from the family but his name will never be exsponged. And then you hear those statutory cases.... It makes you wonder how would you feel if you where in that postion.
    Jillybeans24

Answer by Jillybeans24 at 6:16 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• When your daughter or son is pulled in an alley and beaten and raped,or 1 day when you sent your child to school and when you get a call on your job that your child was raped and injured so bad ,she needed 2 operations,this just happen a month ago in PA.Like, I said,wait until its you, or your child,sister,aunt,mother,or now your son,because some men like to rape little boys.Instead of worrying about the sex offenders,go give your child a big hug,because he is safe from one of those perverts.

Anonymous

• In my state you are put on the sex offender list for public urination...that's gross and indecent but not worth that persons entire reputation...that is insane. The actual sex offenders who do actual harm need to be confined from the general public for theirs and everyone else's safety. If you are ever proven innocent your name should be publicly cleared. no one should ever have to suffer from such a name smearing after proven innocent. That is a tough thing to gauge because it's not one size fits all.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:11 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• And then you hear those statutory cases.... It makes you wonder how would you feel if you where in that postion.

Your guy was a rare case. Most men who molest and rape kids are guilty. I seriously doubt you guy is completely in the clear since he cannot get his name cleared. If he has been proven innocent they would have to take him off the registry. He probably isn't telling you the whole story.
    Anonymous

• Many of the laws are too strict. I say this because a good friend of mine was 18 when he met this girl at a party who said she was 16 (in this state 3 years difference is legal). They started dating and she wrote letters to him stating her age as 16 and other details and then her parents had him arrested for statutory rape. turns out she was 14 and when he was found guilty they sentenced him to 12 years in jail. he is out now but he has to register as a sex offender and he is looked down upon by anyone who knows about his past. His lawyers even got the letters entered into his case and it was very clear he didnt know she was that young but it didnt matter, and even after he had been in jail for 5 years the girl came clean and admitted she lied to him but they wouldnt overturn his sentence. And the girl didnt get any type of punishment, she should have been locked up for what she did to him!
    Alie1313

Answer by Alie1313 at 8:25 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• Too strict my hiney.....If I could just run down the perv that attacked my daughter with my car....I would feel a LOT better. To hell with strict! I say it is all too easy to say what you would do or could do or what people should do.....but let it be your child, like it has been mine with night terrors and afraid of everything when they shouldn't have to be....and then you tell me how you feel. I promise it would be enough to make you want to kill....promise.
    Anonymous