Do you got a preemie

If so when was they born and how long did they have to stay in the NICU and what complications did they have?

xaviersmamacita

Asked by xaviersmamacita at 5:45 PM on Jul. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son was 6 weeks early, He had trouble eating at first and had jaundice, but otherwise grew well and developed normally. He was in the hospital 2 weeks.

Answer by Bmat at 5:46 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• Not me, but a good friend. Her baby's been out of NICU for about 2 weeks. he was in for about 2 and a half weeks. He had jaundice and trouble eating but is doing well now. He was due mid July and came June 9th.
    Anonymous

• My son was born at 30 weeks, he weighed 2lbs 10 oz and 16 1/2 inches. He had to stay in the NICU for 3 weeks. Came home weighing 3lbs 14oz and 17 1/2 inches, there were really only one problem when he was born he had to be put on a feeding tub for a week. He had perfect lungs , heart and other organs. Doctors said he wouldnt even live 2 days due to his small size. but he did and is doing great now.
    Pooky_mommy

Answer by Pooky_mommy at 5:58 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• My son was 5 weeks early. He stayed in the nicu for 18 days. He had problems with eating and breathing at the same time and jaundice. The eating / breathing part stopped at around day 14 when I was finally given the okay to nurse him.
    Anonymous

• My daughter was born at 23 weeks. She was 1.5 pounds, 13 in. & stayed in NICU for 2 1/2 months. The only thing she has is Atrial-septal defect which will be fixed when shes 6 or 7 yrs old. She will be 3 on October 4th and other than being small for her age (she's wearing 9-12 mos & some 18 mos) no one would ever know she was a preemie. God has blessed us greatly!

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 6:21 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• I "have" one, I don't "got" one. He came home with me. He had a weak suck when eating, but fast flow nipples on a bottle worked wonders.
    Anonymous

• my son was 6 weeks early...he weighed 4 lbs 11 oz and had a hard time eating he spent 6 days in the nicu...i have him friday july 13 2007at 6:28 pm, and he came home thursday july 19th, 2007 at 4:15 pm....happiest day of my life....he had the tube in his nose for 3 days, then he was drinking from a bottle full tome and i just had to wait for him to gain 5 ounces then he was able to come home..
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 7:40 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• My son was 6 weeks early and weighed 4lbs 4.6oz. He spent 13 days in the NICU, but mostly because he wouldn't pass his meconium and they wanted to examine him for possible surgery. He had a heart murmur and a small cerebral hemorrhage. He had to gain weight for 3 days straight, take all of his feedings from a bottle and not have a "brady" for 7 days to come home. Without looking at his medical charts, people don't necessarily know he is a preemie. He's 9 months old and in 9-12 month clothes. He's in the 50th percentile for height. He eats like a champ. He's my miracle baby.
    AlyKen

Answer by AlyKen at 9:02 PM on Jul. 6, 2009