Thinking of starting an e-bay store,Is it worth it? Your Experience PLeez

Hi,I am interested in selling clothes on e-bay (kids clothes). I was wondering what other moms experiences have been doing this. Is it something that I could do and make some money doing? Or is e bay just a place to suck my account dry w/fees etc? I am a mom w/a good eye for clothes and live near an exclusive area. I see so many higher end brands at our local thrift stores. Is this worth my time and energy? THanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:47 PM on Jul. 6, 2009 in Money & Work

• I have 3 ebay stores. one clothing, one kitchen stuff and one for games and other toys. I have done good with all 3 of them, it takes time though, u cant expect to make alot of money right way, u need to build up feedbacks before u will start selling alot, i also sell things at WWW.Cragslist.com it is another good site and unlike ebay u dont have to pay anything. if u need help with it or anything just email me and i would be glad to answer any questions or help if u need it. Tina
    Pooky_mommy

Answer by Pooky_mommy at 5:54 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• The fees are too high, you will probably make a small profit but it will be TON of work for very litle money.
    customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 6:04 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• My husband and I sold on ebay for 3 weeks and we did awesome! We made $908 and $165 of that was for the fees. ( We didnt open a store just randomly put stuff on) It does take time to list the items one by one sooo if you have ALOT of FREE time to just sit at the pc and post, by all means GO FOR IT! There IS some good money to be made on Ebay
    SweetKYmom

Answer by SweetKYmom at 6:31 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• You can make money on ebay, although the fees are very high. It also takes a bunch of time. We had a store and did pretty well although we closed it due to lack of sales & fees. Check out what people are buying and see if your stuff will sell. Good Luck
    dillonsma

Answer by dillonsma at 2:44 PM on Jul. 7, 2009