She has teeth! Should I...

be doing anything special for them? 7 month old DD just cut her two bottom teeth. Should I be doing anything special for them or for her? And also what should I do about nursing now? She bites me everytime I get near her mouth now!

wishwish

Asked by wishwish at 5:48 PM on Jul. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I was told to flick the child's cheek if they bit to train them not to do that.

For the teeth, I've heard to wash them gently with a damp wash cloth - just a bit of water. The gentle rub is nice on the gum, too.

Answer by Bmat at 5:50 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• I use gerber tooth paste and it comes with a rub brush for there teeth and it works great for cleaning there mouth and teeth. You can find it in the baby section in Wal-mart or Target or K-Mart.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 6:03 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• A damp wash cloth will be fine to clean them.
    Or you can get a baby toothbrush (finger tip style or brush style). And you can get baby toothpaste - just make sure it has no fluoride. The toothpaste is just a sweet taste to make a fussy kid happier about having you poke in her mouth.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 6:31 PM on Jul. 6, 2009