ahhh....how can i get motivated?

i have been working out (actually i just started this past weekend). friday-was tummy area. saturday-my legs. i took a break yesterday and tonight i have to work on my tummy again. but im not motivated. im still sore in my legs from saturdays workout. im tired. im feeling lazy (lol). does anyone have any tips for getting myself motivated?

SThompson21

Asked by SThompson21 at 5:59 PM on Jul. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I'm with you. I am totally non-motivated to exercise on my own. My best suggestion is to join a class or exercise with a buddy. Also it is recommended that you only do what you enjoy- otherwise you won't stay with it. I've recently discovered belly dancing, and it is great fun so far- I don't mind doing it, so find something you like, find someone to exercise with so you can't avoid it. LOL!!

Answer by Bmat at 6:03 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• yea..I got this baby mag.and it said to work out with your baby.there's excersises sp, that you can do with your baby.thats always fun
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 6:06 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• well i take vemma from the vitamin store and i can really tell a difference when i dont take it...plus you gotta stop thinkin bout all the stuff you would rather be doin (layin down,watchin tv, etc) dont even let that get into your thought process...when you have a negative attitude your not gonna wanna do anything...but like i said i def love the vemma from the vitamin store.
    kuuipo317

Answer by kuuipo317 at 6:07 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• Like Nike says "Just Do It".....:)

Not to mention wouldn't you hate for those aches and pains (the soreness) to be for nothing I mean if you give up now you will have to start all over and go through all that soreness again.

Besides if you stretch really slow the pain actually hurts so good...:)

You don't have to do a complete long boring workout just lay on the floor and stretch and do some situps and crunches, stretch your legs or do whatever you can do to make your body feel like you did something for it. And just do like 5 of everything and if you are up to doing more then do more the thing is that you did something. GL

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 6:12 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• just do it! .......right now! hurry get it done and you'll feel great about it! lol i'm the same way, i try and do it first thing in the morning that way i don't dwell on it all day. now GO!!
    jeana

Answer by jeana at 6:13 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• Hmmm...when I wanted to lose my baby weight, my motivation was my husband coming home from Iraq and seeing me for the first time since one week after I had my son, so I wanted to look really good for him. I have always been the type of person that really needs something to get me motivated to work out, like an event or even a person, something I want to look my best for.
    Anonymous

• Walking with two or more buddies is a great motivator. I stress at least two buddies because you will always have someone to walk with just in case someone has another obligation. Also, walking around the neighborhood or your local high school’s track is more fun and a lot cheaper than the gym. When my girlfriends and I hit the track we are constantly laughing, joking, and talking. We had so much fun that we didn’t notice that we just walked three + miles.
    starwildchild

Answer by starwildchild at 6:24 PM on Jul. 6, 2009