Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does anyone know how to remove a wasp nest?

The front of my house and the back yard has wasp nests. I am allergic to them and petrified that will get stung . I cant bring my son to play in the back or have company out there because they fly around. Is there anything we can do or am i going to have to hire someone?

Answer Question

Asked by Dylansmom32509 at 6:04 PM on Jul. 6, 2009 in Home & Garden

Level 2 (10 Credits)
Answers (4)
  • Since you're allergic, hire someone. Your health and life are worth it, right?

    Answer by gdiamante at 6:20 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

  • Have someone a neighbor or friend spray honet spray, and knock it down

    Answer by Anonymous at 6:32 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

  • Yeah, you probably should have someone else spray and knock it down. I'm allergic to wasps too and got a nest in the window of my old house. The landlord had to come and take care of it. He sprayed and knocked the nest down and sprayed again.

    Answer by officerjoeys at 6:45 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

  • I think the other posters are right when they say to get someone else to do it, if you buy spray yourself though I would look for foaming spray that will cover a long distance so that you can stay as far away from them as possible.

    Answer by Melbornj at 3:45 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.