All out Temper Tantrums - Does your child do this??

My son who is going to be 5 in September throws this "fits" it starts out as a simple little fight between either myself or my husband and my son. All of a sudden it turns into this screaming at the top of his little lungs, throwing things, slamming doors and then after a good 20-30 minutes he calms down and falls asleep. Does anyone know what I am talking about???

I am Bipolar and have severe mood swings at is scares the hell out of me when my son displays these "fits" cause I use to do the same thing when I was little...

I guess I am just wondering if it is just me or if there are any other kids out there doing this to this extreme??

antoniosmom2004

Asked by antoniosmom2004 at 6:20 PM on Jul. 6, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My son is 4 and sometimes he will get a sassy mouth or start crying when he isn't allowed to do something. What kinds of situations are setting him off? Mine was doing it when we had to change activities or when it was clean up time. Someone suggested I make a routine for him and put it on his wall, so he could see that it was time to do something else and give him warnings like 5 more min, 3 more min and so on. It helped a lot. We don't have any bi-polar in our family, so I can't really give advice on that.
    officerjoeys

Answer by officerjoeys at 6:26 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• omg! you're not alone, my daughter has been acting up lately, having huge half-day tantrums... i havent found a soultion, when u do...let me in on it.. lol
    psychobilly_mom

Answer by psychobilly_mom at 6:33 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• Pretty much anything will set my son off... My husband wanted my DS to try a piece of nectarine and he was chasing him around the house with it when things turned bad. Kicking, throwing things, and screaming... He ended up in his room til he stopped his little fit and passed out from exhaustion.
    antoniosmom2004

Answer by antoniosmom2004 at 6:28 PM on Jul. 19, 2009