How long after DEPO did it take you to get pregnant?

I have been off of depo for about 8 months now and was on it for 7 years. I was just wondering how long it has taken others to get pregnant after coming off of it...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:38 PM on Jul. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It took me 8months
    mommy19741974

Answer by mommy19741974 at 6:38 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• i got preggo on the depo shot twice and the 3rd time it took 2 months off of it and i was on it for over 10 years
    Anonymous

• so something is wrong with me then? I have been to the gyno but he just keeps telling me that he doesnt want me to get pregnant. That the world has enough babies...WTH? But everything seems to be working fine he says, so I dont know what it is.
    Anonymous

• with my son, i concieved him about 2 weeks after missing my depo shot. i have been told it can take a while for conception though.
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 6:53 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• It took me 4 years... maybe more...
    Lauren24

Answer by Lauren24 at 7:07 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• It can take 6-18 months to become fertile again. Even longer if you have been using it for a long time. My doc told me to only use it for 1 year if I plan on having more kids because there is a chance with long term use it can make you totally infertile .
    OwensMama824

Answer by OwensMama824 at 7:32 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• Thanks everyone. I see that the results are scattered, this is going to be harder than I though. I am just going to hold on to hope. Thanks again
    Anonymous

• I had two shots and it took me a year to get prego.
    mrsmilander

Answer by mrsmilander at 5:09 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• i went back on it after having my son and then a few mths before he turned two we decided since i had heard it takes some time for things to go back to normal after being on it we would stop so in june of 08 we stopped. so a little over a year ago...still havent gotten pregnant that i know of lol...right now waiting to go to the gyno on friday to make sure things are working cause i am not getting my period right now and i have a spot on my left ovary that they wanna look at. good luck!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Jul. 8, 2009