BEST FRIEND DATING BROTHER IN LAW!

So, this 4th my husband and I went to his grandmothers cabin. I brought along my best friend and her son so the kids could play together. Durring our 3 night stay her and my brother in law hit it off and hooked up!
I am a little worried about things now! They are fairly compatible, but... just dont want to be stuck in the middle. Or if they start to date I dont want any of their conflict to turn in to picking sides (cause Id pick my friend, and my husband his brother obviously )then cause problems with us. Plus I dont want her checking up on him through me and vis vera!
then again, family functions with my best friend!?! awesome! perfect double date pair!

SaraNRiley

Asked by SaraNRiley at 6:53 PM on Jul. 6, 2009 in Relationships

• I just realized I didnt really ask a question!
    Anyone else had a good or bad experience with this?!
    SaraNRiley

Answer by SaraNRiley at 6:54 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• what will be will be. Just let them work there on issues out if they arise.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:47 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• Well my sister married my husband's brother. My sister is 8 years older than me and she never got to meet all of my husband's family until our rehersal dinner. Well she fell in love with my husband's brother. We got married in June of 1998, by September she had divorced her second husband and moved in with him. They got married in July of 1999. At their wedding I told my husband that this will not end well, and it didn't!!!! They got divorced in July of 2006. And let me tell you it was soooooo much fun. They started to try to put hubby and I in the middle and we had to put a stop to that quick. Now my mother in law HATES my sister, and everyone still has to see each other at my daughter's birthday parties and stuff. They didn't have kids. We told them they had to be mature, the first year they weren't!! By the way my sister just got married for the 4th time. Tell your best friend if it goes wrong you cant' get in it.
    TeriMelisa

Answer by TeriMelisa at 9:21 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• I had a similiar situation, only it was my bestfriend and MY brother...and it didn't turn out good. It's actually caused a lot of problems within my family, and we're no longer friends.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:55 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Thanks everyone! I told my friend that I will of course talk to her about her new interest, but I wont find out information for her or anything and wont give her any indsider info.

BUT, he hasnt called. And I have seen him since but wont ask him why he hasnt called! None of my business. And luckily my friend understands that!
    Thanks for everyones advice!
    SaraNRiley

Answer by SaraNRiley at 6:01 PM on Jul. 8, 2009