My daughter is 17 months old. About 2 weeks ago she started this type of tantrum.

When I am holding her and try to put her down she yells, "no, no, no"! and holds on to me like a monkey. When I put her down she will sit on the floor and cry and yell, "up, up, up"! and have a tantrum. She seems to want to be held most of the time now while not too long ago she wanted to be down and explore. She always used to say, "walk, walk, walk" when we held her. She is now very clingy and cries. This is all very new. Did your toddler go through this same thing and have they grown out of it?

averys1mama

Asked by averys1mama at 6:55 PM on Jul. 6, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• No my kids never went through it, but sometimes when someone is holding my DD and you put her down she throws herself back but we just walk away and shes fine. Just tell her NO or else you'll give her timeout for throwing a fit. Time outs work the best for stopping tantrums, 1 min seems like forever to them.
    Anonymous

• i just ignore it, but that's hard to do when you are cooking dinner and there is a baby clinging to your leg lol. just try your best to ignore
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:06 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• my daughter is going through the same thing! she just turned 2 last week, usually when she wants me to hold her i pick her up and set her down on the couch, she is also into the throwing stage unsure what to do about that lol
    jayleegirl

Answer by jayleegirl at 11:14 PM on Jul. 6, 2009