is standing next to the microwave hurting my baby??

my laptop is near the microwave, everytime i get on it and the microwave is on i feel a little sick and dizzy.. i dont know if it is where i stand up to use the laptop, or the micro waves coming off the microwave. like now i feel as if i am going to faint, my hands start shaking , i start feelin hot flashes, and i get real dizzy, lightheaded.. .. i dont know what is causeing it.. please no bashig.. i am worried..

jannaboo

Asked by jannaboo at 6:55 PM on Jul. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes standing next to a microwave is bad during pregnancy, any doctor will tell you just ask them.
    Anonymous

• Wow that's incredible, how old is the microwave? Stay away from it and get a new one, tell your doctor too. Google that i've never heard of it.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 6:57 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• Ummm...yeah, sounds like your microwave is like 50 years old to be doing something like that. Get rid of it and buy a new one. When you look in the window of a microwave, that mesh you see? That protects you from any radiation that the microwave would be sending out.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 7:00 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• any electronics have radiation so beware! haha
    Anonymous

• whoa, that laugh was evil. i'm watching tv while on the internet. i'm surrounded.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 7:39 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• yes any doctor will tell you standing next to a microwave is harmful. So stay away. Move your laptop else where away from it. Also tell you doctor whats going on so he can check the baby just to be on the safe side that he/she is ok. Your shaking and dizziness don't sound normal. I would get checked for the peace of mind.
    Ames826

Answer by Ames826 at 10:17 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• I stayed out of in front of the microwave (when it was on) while I was pregnant because I was told the waves are bad for your baby. Also, try to stay away from the artificial sweetener "aspartame" (found in a lot more foods than you realize) because it also, is bad in large quantities for an unborn fetus. Dunno if this answer is too late or not, but here it is. Try asking questions at www.babycenter.com I believe you can search for answers there and if you sign up as a member (it's free), they'll send you updates on your pregnancy, and still continue newsletters on your children as they grow.
    DaniGirl08

Answer by DaniGirl08 at 4:20 PM on Jul. 13, 2009