What the *(*^)(&^?

My daughter just turned 1 and she is being a total brat. She is fighting me when I try to feed her and just in general being a complete fussy pants. I can't take it. I just put her in her crib so I can have a breather. Why would she be such a pain about eating? I thought babies love to eat everything. It's chicken and potato salad, both of which she has eaten before and likes. I think she is just throwing a tantrum, but I don't want her to starve. What should I do? (mind you, she has been like this all day. She always wants liquids over food.)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:07 PM on Jul. 6, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i get very frustrated too .. i dont want to see my baby hungry .. i let him feed himself if he doesnt want to... i give him one or two more food options if nothing works we keep doing what we where doing and eventually he pulls me into the kitchen and lets me know he is hungry. hang in there ! :o)
    yunque000

Answer by yunque000 at 1:40 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Put food in front of her, don't feed her, some babies would rather feed themselves. My DD just turned 1 and I never feed her, she feeds herself now, she throws a fit when I try to put the food in her mouth so she does it on her own. Try this and see what happens.
    Anonymous

• I have tried. She throws the food on the floor. This is so frustrating, I could cry.
    Anonymous

• It's summer. It's hot. Even adults don't always like eating in the summer. Give her liquids if she wants. The Health Dept Nutritionist told me to give my kids ice cream (full of calcium) when they wouldn't eat then gradually introduce foods back into the diet. (noodles or peas or other foods they enjoy playing with while they eat it) Of course offer her food but don't get upset if she chooses not to eat.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:09 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• Maybe she'd eat yogurt. It's not impossible that she may have a sore throat or her gums hurt . For a day or so just having milk and soft stuff should be fine, especially if she isn't showing signs of illness- fever, sluggishness.

Answer by Bmat at 9:31 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• My dd is 13 months and ive noticed that shell eat really well one day and the next it seems like she wont eat at all! Today she didnt eat her breakfast she just threw it on the floor, she at her snack but no lunch. I was starting to get worried about her being hungry and then she ate alot at dinner. So I would just give her another day or so to see how it goes. My dd just cut her molars and i think that has something to do with not wanting to chew because its sore and thats probalbly why they only want to drink. Ive also heard that when they have an ear infection it soothes their ears to drink. idk if its true. Good luck!
    emilysmom401

Answer by emilysmom401 at 9:38 PM on Jul. 6, 2009