Does your baby pinch your face while breastfeeding?

My daughter pinches me while breastfeeding, anyone else have this problem? how did you get your child to stop doing it completely?

bluerose26

Asked by bluerose26 at 7:10 PM on Jul. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son plays with my moles...I have plenty of them, on my neck, face and breasts, AND he swings his legs to kick me...very irritating..i usually can redirect him and its fine...takes time and patience
    tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 7:33 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• My baby pinches the breast that she's eating from. If I want her to stop I just grab her hand and hold it....it usually works, sometimes she's too wiggly though and will work to make me let go of her hand and then I just put up with it. Crazy huh?
    silvia316

Answer by silvia316 at 7:39 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• Get a nursing necklace. It gives baby somthing to play with while nursing. You can buy one or make your own.

Cassieniccole

Answer by Cassieniccole at 7:40 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• Yeah I had to distract mine with a toy in their hand while nursing...The necklace is a good idea! When DD started with the slapping (like hard it hurt) i would take her off the breast and lay her down for about 5-10 sec and then start over. She eventually stopped.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:02 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• she pinches my boobs. Ive got so many marks on them :( She only does it occasionally now, but if I get so aggrivated (or sore), I put a sock on her pinching hand.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 8:31 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• Yes and it hurts! I usually give him a pacifier or something else with which to play.
    AlyKen

Answer by AlyKen at 8:58 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• She pinches me everywhere!!! Its driving my nuts!!!
    pinkgemini85

Answer by pinkgemini85 at 9:38 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• I second the nursing necklace idea!! I had one made for each of my kids with their names on it and different colors and themes. They loved them and it made nursing a breeze. Now I have them in my keepsake box as a happy memory.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 9:45 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• BTW if you do get a necklace made, make sure it is knotted between every single piece.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 9:46 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• yup, she pinches, scratches, and kicks me. She is now starting to do it to anyone who gets near her. She pinches cheecks, arms, and trys to pull out eyes. I have created a monster. lol.
    bellasrose71008

Answer by bellasrose71008 at 11:02 PM on Jul. 6, 2009