Could Palin have left the office to take care of her special needs child?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:12 PM on Jul. 6, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• i wish it was. but i agree w/ PP that if she wanted to do that she would have just said it. she prolly just saw that making speeches around the country will make her more money than being governor & she will reach more ppl. sadly a lot of ppl will pay to here her babel on about things like abstinence ed (which didnt work for her family) & how to be a great mom.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 8:37 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• She's mentioned a "higher calling." Which is open to all kinds of interpretation, from being a mom to going on the national stage.

I tend to think she's involved in some kind of damage control, though/ An excerpt from Politico.com:

"Ratcheting up her offensive against the news media, Gov. Sarah Palin’s attorney threatened on Saturday to sue mainstream news organizations if they publish “defamatory” stories relating to whether Palin is under federal investigation."

Link to the full article: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0709/24521.html#ixzz0KWYXGQcg&D

If you're just going to be mom, you don't feed the media beast. And threats of lawsuits will do just that.

Answer by gdiamante at 7:16 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• You would think if that were the case she might have mentioned it in her 17 minute speech. I think she has made it pretty obvious she is planning on taaking her show on the road to Washington. That baby is the last thing on her agenda.
    Anonymous

• No. She left because she wants to make money giving speeches and her followers will listen the nonsense what comes out of her mouth.

Anonymous

Sort of like another high profile politician . . . I wonder who? 

Anonymous

• No. Bristol is the one who takes care of her little brother.
    Anonymous

• If so , why not just say that?
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 7:28 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• If so , why not just say that?

I thought it was a rule that politicians never mean what they say or say what they mean.  Unless of course it's a gaffe, then you just get to wonder.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 7:30 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• SURE !! She could have done that, ...

AND she might have left office for the reasons she took great pains to explain - TWICE, in two separate speeches.

I don't know about the schemers in Washington DC, but if I were a Governor who was on a roll with many promising projects going to help my state's prosperity and the prosperity of America, and I was forced to watch as frivolous ethics charges kept robbing the state treasury for court fees - even though they were all getting dismissed - to the tune of $2 million, I might take a second look at politics as usual. Seeing this money drained from the treasury when it could have been used to pay teachers' salaries, and seeing that 80% of my time AND my staff's time is being wasted gathering the paperwork required by these charges, it is only sensible to say "I will remove myself and the bull'seye painted on my back from the office so you guys can get on with real business ! "
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 7:35 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• I don't know about the schemers in Washington DC, but if I were a Governor who was on a roll with many promising projects going to help my state's prosperity and the prosperity of America, and I was forced to watch as frivolous ethics charges kept robbing the state treasury for court fees - even though they were all getting dismissed -

They weren't all dismissed! You may want  to not just take her word. She was forced to pay back $$ and was found to have abused her power as governor

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 7:47 PM on Jul. 6, 2009