Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does any one that lives in NC know the laws about back child support and how to get it after you turn 18?

Im in NC and my dad owes $27,000 in back child support. How do I go about trying to collect it since I have located where he lives.

Answer Question

Asked by bluerose26 at 7:14 PM on Jul. 6, 2009 in Relationships

Level 10 (393 Credits)
Answers (3)
  • My ex is almost that much behind and my kids are still young. NC Child Support Enforcement is who you need to call, but they haven't been a whole lot of help to me - and it's your mom that's owed the child support, not you.

    Answer by missanc at 9:07 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

  • You can't. The money is owed to your mother, not you. You're mother is the only one who can collect it.

    Answer by desert_diva at 7:59 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

  • call the local child support office

    Answer by admckenzie at 7:46 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.