how do you juggle babies and working from home with out losing it?

mom2twins23

Asked by mom2twins23 at 3:06 AM on Jun. 22, 2008 in Money & Work

• This question is plaguing so many WAHM...you are not alone. I work on the computer alot...what helps me is to have a separate area just for my work, but where I can see and hear everything going on. We have a 1/2 door to my area...it gives me space and privacy, but I am on top of everything they are doing. Good luck with this tough problem.
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 3:47 AM on Jun. 22, 2008

• I can't do it. In order to get any work done, I have to be at the office, not here.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 8:33 AM on Jun. 22, 2008

• My best suggestion is to tackle things as they come....think to hard about what might happen and you wll drive yourself nuts. Secondly, make a schedule for your day but make it flexible. Anything that has a specific deadline like say 9am on Friday morning. Get it done Thursday night after kids go to bed. Anything that has specific time deadlines, always schedule time to work on them when someone can watch the kids or they are sleeping.
    SensualScents

Answer by SensualScents at 8:52 AM on Jun. 22, 2008

• Also, if you really want to work from home, but are having trouble getting any work done with the kids there, consider hiring in-home help to watch the kids.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 9:32 AM on Jun. 22, 2008

• I have to try and do most of my work when my son is napping. He is really good at shutting off my computer right when I am in the middle of something. I was trying to print some flyers the other day and he would manage to turn the computer off every time the second side of the page was halfway done printing. I was very stressed out that day! I do have an office to work in but I can not watch my son from there so I can only use it when he is sleeping or my husband can watch him.
    rasbneon

Answer by rasbneon at 1:19 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• well..it comes with practice. you have to teach them to do crafts, color, read, or clean up while you are working. REWARD them for being nice when mommy is on the phone. OMG!! this reallllllyyy works. They love it.
    Sometimes they get a little carried away..and I have to send them to the corner. I was working on a contract that would bring in 40k in one month...and my son yells out...I have to POO POO. I just laughed. luckily the guy was understanding and said I could call him back. I got the contract.
    CoolYourWorld

Answer by CoolYourWorld at 10:08 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• I just work on my computor and when I here a sound from the other room that sounds suspicous I go check it out!
    GarlicMom

Answer by GarlicMom at 4:56 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• I work from home and now that the kids are off from school, I do most of the work when they are asleep - usually very early morning or late at night. Then during the day, all I work is about 2 hours and to keep them quiet and calm during that time, I made out some reward charts for each of them hanging in their rooms. If they are quiet and behave well during those 2 hours they move up on the chart. Once at the top, I reward them with something special. I take them out or do something that they pick themselves.
    MarleneJ74

Answer by MarleneJ74 at 2:56 AM on Jun. 27, 2008

• I work at home. I am an independent affiliate for Global Domains International. They are an awesome company!! Look at my website it gives you all the info.
    http://www.freedomathome.ws

~Kelli
    kellibelle

Answer by kellibelle at 6:53 PM on Jul. 24, 2008