Do you slow down and stare at accidents?

It's a strange phenomenon. We all want to see what happened.

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 7:22 PM on Jul. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I don't because man oh man is it embarrassing having people stare at you after you just wrecked. Can you tell I've experienced it? DH does and it drives me nuts.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 7:25 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• No. I don't want to see anyone hurt, so I keep my eyes on the road.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 7:27 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• I do find myself to be a rubber-necker. In fact, just today, we saw an accident involving four cars, three of which had been rear-ended. I couldn't believe it- how could you manage that? Isn't the whole reason for driver's ed and having to read through that stupid manual to make sure you know the rules to keep dumb things like this from happening? That whole, "Keep enough room between you and the car in front of you so that if you get rear ended, they won't rear end you" thing seems to be lost on most people.

I think people like to look at accidents because they get to be happy that they weren't in that place at that time. Morbid curiosity also plays a large role in it, I think.
    kittyhasclaws

Answer by kittyhasclaws at 7:28 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• no because it pisses me off that i have to wait for the other morons to stare at the accident when i just want to get past it and move on. but.. i am guilty of glancing. lol
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:29 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• Wow, I totally screwed a line up... "Keep enough room between you and the car in front of you so that if you get rear ended, you won't rear end the person in front of you."
    kittyhasclaws

Answer by kittyhasclaws at 7:29 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• I'm actually really nosey about those kinds of things lol
    youngmm

Answer by youngmm at 8:16 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• No and rubber neckers drive me crazy! It's none of your business! Keep you eyes on the road before you have an accident and peoplel stare at you!
    asiamommi

Answer by asiamommi at 8:24 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• I try not to slow down, but usually everybody else in front of me has, so I am able to go slow and try to see what happened or if anybody was seriously hurt. Hey, Im curious!
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 8:33 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• Yes, I look to see if someone needs help. And I've actually stopped before.
    pinkgemini85

Answer by pinkgemini85 at 9:34 PM on Jul. 6, 2009