Stink bugs in my garden

I have stink bugs everywhere in my garden, all over my vegetables. I've used some organic pesticides on my plants (using natural oils to try to fix this), but it doesn't seem to work. And there are too many to hand pick off and kill. I'm talking hundreds of the stupid things have shown up, and I'm afraid they're going to start really damaging my plants.

kittyhasclaws

Asked by kittyhasclaws at 7:23 PM on Jul. 6, 2009 in Home & Garden

• We're having the same problem! They're everywhere in the garden and in our house... I don't know what to do!
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 7:25 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• I hate them! And they seem to be the one bug that my writing spider won't eat! She's gorged herself on all other manner of creepy-crawlies, but won't eat those.
    kittyhasclaws

Answer by kittyhasclaws at 7:34 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• My cats are loving it. They chase them all over and eat them.

This is my first garden and I'm in a panic because those nasty bugs are everywhere. I hope someone comes along and posts an answer to your question!
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 7:36 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• your organic garden may need some chemical intervention. organic gardening is VERY hard if you dont have an early control on it and lots of experience. try some powder type pesticides from your local garden center and reapply often. good luck
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 7:32 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I read somewhere for organic gardens between each row you should plant herbs such as lavender, sage, rosemary, thyme, to deter these bugs. Try and see.
    sweetmommadee

Answer by sweetmommadee at 2:10 AM on Jul. 11, 2009