What does or should a 6 month eat?

what and how much?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:49 PM on Jul. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Mostly breastmilk or formula. If you've had your doctor's okay to start your little one on solids, then he can have a few bites a day of simple foods like sweet potatoes or bananas. At this point in time, solid food should not be an actual part of his diet, it should merely be used to get him use to eating some different foods and flavors. Breastmilk and formula are still the basis of a baby's diet at that age.
    kittyhasclaws

Answer by kittyhasclaws at 7:56 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• Primarily breastmilk or formula. Those FIRST. Then mashed fruits or veggies. Or cereal if you want.

Answer by gdiamante at 7:58 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• my son at 6 months , his dr has me start him on food at 5 months..

my son at 6 months was eating 1 - 2 jars of food a day, some puffs (the ones he could get in his mouth) 4 oz of juice, and 6-8 6 oz bottles of soy/rice ceral bottles a day ( he has reflux)

now at 7 months he has about 6 6 oz bottles, 3-6 jars of food, puffs , and 4 oz of juice, I let him choose when hes hungry.

faithfulmomof1

Answer by faithfulmomof1 at 8:09 PM on Jul. 6, 2009