Does you teen have trouble waking up for school?

I know its summer but I have to find a way to get my teen out of bed when school starts. He has had a terrible time in the past, making excuses... If he doesn't get up, what would you do? I have called the truancy officer but they don't seem to care. Thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:50 PM on Jul. 6, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• MY SON USE TO GIVE ME TROUBLE, HE IS NOW 23 YEARS OLD AND SOMETIMES WE LAUGH AT MY TECHNIQUE TO WAKE HIM. I WOULD WAKE HIM UP LOVINGLY THE FIRST TIME, THE SECOND TIME I WAS STERN AND THE THIRD I WOULD COME ARMED WITH A POWERFUL WATER GUN, AND SPRAYED HIM SILLY!!!

Answer by older at 8:07 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• My sister couldn't get up when younger and my Dad would tell her to get up and then if she didn't he would dump cold water on her in bed. She then got up.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 8:16 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• I would let him sleep. If he's late for class, that's his problem. He'll be off to college in a few years and trust me, there is NOBODY there who's going to wake him up. He needs to learn how to be an adult.
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 10:17 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Buy your teen an alarm clock. Put it as far away from his bed as you can.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:44 PM on Jul. 7, 2009