Do you think breastfed or formula fed babies sleep better?

I've had one LO who was FF and one who was EBF, I think FF slept way better....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:04 PM on Jul. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• OP, not just that breastmilk is easier digested, but my FF baby had a lot less gasiness than my breastfed baby...
    Anonymous

• It doesn't matter. Some babies sleep better than other babies. My brother and I were fed formula from birth to age one. We didn't sleep through the night until we were two years old each.

But my daughter is six months old and is formula fed, and she's slept through the night since she was two months old.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 8:17 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• My older 2 were FF past 12 weeks for one and 5 weeks for the other, neither STTN til 15 months...thats sleeping longer than 5-6 hours.

My EBF baby STTN at 4 weeks...like 6 hours then by 8 weeks was up to 8 hours..he's even slept 12 hours before...hes 26.5 months and still nursing...and still sleeps awesome except during growth spurts
    tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 8:20 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• Sleep is a developmental milestone reached in his or her own time. Regarding formula and sleeping, the baby has to sleep because they need to cut down on energy for other things to be able to digest the man made concoction.

Anonymous

• my son was BF and slept all night from birth. My dd was bf for 3 months then ff and didn't sleep though the night till 15 months. I think it just depends on the baby.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 9:02 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• im breastfeeding now and i can definitely say he sleeps way less than my last son who was ff- he wants to nurse every hour or so and will not sleep more than an hour to hour and a half at a time
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 9:05 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• What?!?!? BABIES SLEEP?!?!?!

Mine don't.
    AJsMomma

Answer by AJsMomma at 9:06 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• My BF baby slept through the night at 5 days and again at 10 days and consistently by 6 weeks old. It is all baby dependent. My niece was FF and didn't start sleeping through the night until she was about 2 1/2.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:08 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• Both of my kids were breastfed. One was a great sleeper and one wasn't.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 9:41 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• I think that my formula fed baby's slept alot better than my BF baby. Probably due to a lot of different reasons. BF baby seemed to have more gas, needed to nurse every 2-3 hours in the beginnig, and is just plain old spoiled now. Now she does not want to let go of me throughout the night.
    bellasrose71008

Answer by bellasrose71008 at 9:43 PM on Jul. 6, 2009