how many oz do u give your 7 month old per bottle?

I give my son 6 oz but he still seems hungry, hes also eating about 3 jars of food a day. along with puffs and 4 oz of juice through out the day.

Should I be giving him more soy formula in each bottle?

faithfulmomof1

Asked by faithfulmomof1 at 8:04 PM on Jul. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• At that age a baby needs 2.5 oz per pound of body weight total for the day. So take your baby's weight and multiply by 2.5 and you will find out how much he needs. I would then supplement with extra food at feedings. At 7 mos my LO was eating about 4 oz of food and then taking about 8 oz of milk on top of that but my LO only ate 3 times a day and is on the small side for her age. She was close to 10 lbs at that age. I wish you luck. If he seems hungry then feed him.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:05 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• My dauhter is 6.5 months old. She gets 4 oz oatmeal in the am, then a 6 oz bottle an hours later. then one more 6oz bottle b4 lunch time, then 2 second foods for lunch. she'll have 2 6oz bottles if not more b4 her 4 oz of oatmeal for bed time. And then will still be up in the middle of the night to eat again. I think every baby is diff....feed them while they are hungry...they will let you know when they are done!!!!! They are suppose to have rolls
    rowdy24

Answer by rowdy24 at 11:37 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• My son is 7 1/2 months, and he usually eats 8oz-10oz bottles now.
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 8:31 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• My son is almost 7 mo and he eats about 8-5 1/2 oz bottles in a day. He also has about 6oz of baby food 3 times a day. Sometimes he wants more... sometimes less... each baby is different.
    ncarter24

Answer by ncarter24 at 10:06 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• my sons 10 months and this is his routine. wake up have 4-6oz soy bottle. 30 mins later have bkfast.. (cereal,yogurt,fruitbar,cheese,fruit) he feeds himself. so the baby food purees arent in his favor so much. so try the cookies! they work well. he has a 4oz bottle again b4 nap time at noon. when he wakes its 4oz again and 30 mins after its lunch. he has the toddlers lil lunches and around a full sippy of juice. from then till 4-5 he snax on lil puffs and crunchers. and hes given one more 4 oz bottle at 5 then waits again till 6:30 for dinner. which consists of either what im having or around about *2 full jars of stage 3 foods* that should give u a portioned size range. and then hes bathed and has a 6-8oz bottle and bed. he sleeps all night till 8am. and its all over again.
    my sons 24pounds and a few inches under 3 ft... again hes 10 months and if u go to my pictures, u can tell hes well fed, and he doesnt have **rolls**
    chris-s-wife

Answer by chris-s-wife at 11:30 AM on Jul. 7, 2009