Fever with teething?

I was reading the orajel cream for gums...and it says that when using this prduct fever and nasal congestion are not symptoms of teething and may indicate the presence of infection? does anyone else get this? at my day care the managers dont usually send babies home if they have a slight fever bc they are teething? now reading this im confused? can anyone explain this to me?

my daughter is 8 mths and teething and she has a slight fever...im confussed?!?!?!!?

pebbles425

Asked by pebbles425 at 8:08 PM on Jul. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• "The medical research states that fevers are not associated with teething but all three of my girls had fevers while teething so you decide." This is a direct quote from my doctor (as much as that means). Good Luck and follow your instinct.

Anonymous

• My LO gets fevers with teething as well as all the other children that I know have. I think that the researchers are full of crap. As long as it is low grade then I wouldn't worry.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:02 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• My daughter had a low grade fever and then two teeth had sprouted the very next morning. I think they are just trying to cover their asses in the case that someone assumes the fever was caused by teething when really it was something like meningitis. My daughter had a fever, I gave her tylenol . . she was fine . . there was no other problem.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 9:03 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• I can tell you my ds has gotten a fever and a stuffy nose with every tooth so far. In fact he has a slight fever now and he has swollen gums and a tooth puching though. You can see it
    Scoobersmom

Answer by Scoobersmom at 10:24 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• Don't listen to the damn box.....not being rude I promise...I'm mad about the box b/c My BF saw it the other day and tried telling me that "the box says this...it must be right" DAMN THAT BOX......it is so wrong....My daughter had a fever, stuffy runny nose, the runs, diaper rash...all the normal symptoms
    rowdy24

Answer by rowdy24 at 11:32 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• Ignore the box. My DD gets a low grade fever, a pimly rash on her butt, the runs, and an ear infection with nearly every tooth she gets. her Dr. said the ears are not a symptom of the teeth, but I beg to differ. To much coincidence if you ask me. The ear thing showed up with the front top and all the eye teeth....go with your gut...
    TatersMom2006

Answer by TatersMom2006 at 2:20 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Thank you all soo much...im wandering bc my son never had a fever or anything i would stick my finger in and be like hey theres a new tooth...my daughter is about 99 and very cracky!...
    pebbles425

Answer by pebbles425 at 4:04 PM on Jul. 7, 2009