c section? read then tell me ur csection stories plz

so i found out that i am going to deliver as a cesarean once again, i had one before but i was completely asleep for it and my baby was a preemie , so i dont know how an actually c section goes .... what is the difference from me being asleep or awake this time? will i get my baby sooner if i am a wake ? will me being awake during the c section be painful ? i am scared i dont want to fill anything, so please help and tell me ur stories please thanks

trickyplus2

Asked by trickyplus2 at 8:12 PM on Jul. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• well my sister had 2 she told me 1 at a time they insert needles into your back all together 4 and it numbs you from the chest down you will be awake some women get the chills or nausea some even feel like they cant breath but they can when they go to take the baby out you'll probably feel some type of tugging or a sensation near where they are getting your baby out you wont feel knifes nothing you'll be okay you'll see your baby then after they take the baby to the nursery why the wheal u back into your room where u just might fall asleep from all the drugs they gave you then you'll waked up and wont be able to move or pea until the next day or even eat until all the medicines come out of your system and you'll have to have some one for support to help you with the baby like feeding changing all of that until you get all feeling and movement back in your lower part of your bod y so good luck nothing to be afraid of!!
    ohmama213

Answer by ohmama213 at 8:22 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• Not trying to be a bitch but OHMAMA213 "nothing to be afraid of"? if i couldn't feel my lower body, or eat or pee till the drugs get out of my system i would be very afraid.
    Alie1313

Answer by Alie1313 at 8:30 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• I had an emergency c-section. I had a quick epidural and with in 30 mins we had a baby. Yes you can't move for a few hours or until the meds wear off. You can pee when they take the catheter out. You will be on a light diet for a few days until they know that everything is okay with your insides. I was incredible nauseous so they gave me phenergan which knocked me out for about 4 hours. Once I was to my room I walked down to the nursery to get my baby. The nurses put compression things on my legs to help with circulation while I was in recovery and as soon as I could reach them I took them off. If you don't want to go through with the c-section then you can tell your doc that you want to go v-bac unless your baby is breech or too big. I wish you luck, but there really isn't anything to worry about.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:43 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• I had to C-sections one with the regular epidural and the other just a single shot in the back. I would always and forever recommend the epidural if you have the choice. The single shot made be very dizzy and very sick. With the first all I felt was pushing, The docs where maneuvering the baby out but I ended up with really made shivers and was violently shaking as well as a spinal fluid leak. I ended up having to go to day surgery the following weak to get a blood patch. I had a very bad anesthegiologist. I had a very hard recovery from that one for some reason, I couldn't walk very well and I couldn't even get out of bed.The second, I was sick, dizzy and numb from the neck down. I couldn't breath and I was in tears. I was throwing up the rest of the day. I was however able to move myself. I was able to climb in and out of bed without even thinking twice and was walking around perfectly the next day. Don't be scared!!!!!!!
    fuelsgirl2

Answer by fuelsgirl2 at 8:45 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• I am about to have my first c section and I am terrified. I talked to a nurse about it the other day and she assured me that I will feel nothing, whether they do an epidural, a spinal, or knock me out. She also said that I will be up to walk around within a short period of time because the longer you wait the harder it is. I don't know how it is at your hospital, but I wish you the best of luck!
    TiffanyReed

Answer by TiffanyReed at 8:45 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• well, having had 2 c-sections (and going to have #3 in sept.) i can tell you what to expect this time around. since you were put under the first time, you did not get your baby right away. this time (wether you have an epidural or a spinal), you will be able to get the baby sooner bc the baby will not be affected. they will show you the baby as soon as they are born (i mean unless there are any problems), and then they will take them for the apgar score and putting on the bracelets and all that. usually they will let the father hold the baby (or whoever is with you in the room). they will sew you up and from open to close it should take around 30 minitues. then you will go to the recovery room and you will get to hold the baby there and nurse if you want to. they will give them a bath and stuff there. when you can wiggle your toes you will be able to go to your regular room with baby. it did not take long
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:42 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• o i forgot to tell you lol. it didn't hurt at all..... i couldn't even feel when they are pushing on your tummy to pop the baby out. it was completely pain free
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:43 PM on Jul. 6, 2009