Has anyone tried the Acai Berry Detox diet?

I've heard that this diet in combination with a colon cleanse helps you lose so much weight? I'd like to hear if anyone has tried this, any feedback is helpful to decide if I should buy....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:13 PM on Jul. 6, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Yep, I got the free samples and it did nothing for me.
    Katkitswt

Answer by Katkitswt at 4:08 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• When you go on a diet, or use a diet aid, you are just putting yourself on the gain/loss rollercoaster; frustrating for you, & hard on your body. In order to get to and maintain a healthy weight, you need to have a healthy lifestyle; this has the added bonus of setting a great example for your kids.
    Start with regular exercise, as simple as walking, for at least 20 min a day at least 3 times a week. Next, drink your water! at least 8 8oz glasses a day. Now, eat your fruits & veggies! 7-8 servings a day, in at least three different colors. Eat your whole grains (loaded with fiber, protein, and lots of energy-giving nutrients), 6-7 servings a day. Cut way back on (or eliminate) meat & dairy. Add beans, lentils & tofu to your diet. You can get free meal plans and recipes from Dr. McDougall, or find his books at your local library: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html
    Eat an apple or a big salad before meals

Answer by rkoloms at 5:27 PM on Jul. 7, 2009