Can you get a credit card with a low credit score ??

My hubbby I went through bankrupsy and itwas cleared in early 2008 we need a emergancy credit card to have but we got turned down by Target Visa saying we have bad credit . We don't know exactly what it is but it's aorund 500 if not higher. Would we be able to get ANY credit card ??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:21 PM on Jul. 6, 2009 in Money & Work

• I dont know but I have No credit (my hubby and I are only 18) and I cant even apply for those target cards...
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 8:24 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• try thru an actual bank
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 8:26 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• capital one. I had no credit and got approved for a $500 limit. But you know what they say about credit cards....
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 8:29 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• THey are the devil that is what got us into bankrupsy !!!!!! We decided that we do need one for emergancies though.......
    Anonymous

• My credit is not perfect so I got approved for $200. Try credit one.
    lashay_87401

Answer by lashay_87401 at 8:36 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• You don't need a credit card for emergencies, you need an emergency fund. Open up a savings account that is hands off and start an emergency fund. Ideally start with $1000 and continue to build it up until you have 3-6 months of living expenses in it.
    Anonymous

• You will most likely have to get one where you put the money in an account and you would get a card with that amount on it. They want to have insurance in case you don't pay. Really, it would be better if you just saved the money in a savings account and don't use credit. It's not necessary.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:58 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• You can get a credit card, but your gonna get one that you have to pay a one time fee to even open it thats prob. like 60 bucks, and then like a monthly fee around 5-10...but it will help rebuild your credit!!! you can weigh the options of if its worth it or not.....
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 3:05 PM on Jul. 7, 2009