Has anyone tried the hypnobirthing method for child birth?

Was it a success?
What did you like about it?
What did you dislike about it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:31 PM on Jul. 6, 2009 in General Parenting

• EPIDURAL!!!!
    hermajesty2

Answer by hermajesty2 at 9:44 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• NO EPIDURAL!!!! lol
    i suggest the hypnobirthing.
    i was going to do it, but i didnt carry long enough. i wanted to do a water birth too
    but i had to have my son laying on my back in the hospital im sure it was quite a bit different because he wasnt even a pound at birth (i had him at 17.3 wks) but i still went through labor and pushing (well like 3 pushes) but the contractions and stuff. which i had to get on my knees (stick my butt in the air and sway back and forth an have pressure on my low back) to go through and i didnt have an epidural. i suggest as natural as you can for as long as you can. but you know your body and what you can handle. i didnt have pitocin either, i did however have something i think called cervidil (little pills put near the cervix to dilate..i was effaced just not dilated) and they kicked my contractions into full gear. pushing and contractions while laying flat on back are VERY PAINFUL!!!
    codysmama2609

Answer by codysmama2609 at 1:14 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I did Hypnobabies.

I think that the most important aspect of any self-hypnotic method that you choose to use is that you believe 100% that it will work. The second most important aspect is that everyone around you must believe it will work, too. I do not think it's good to bring to a hospital, but fabulous to bring to a birthing center. As long as you, your health care professionals and your birthing partners are all 100% on board, then I think it's a wonderful tool to use.
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 1:39 AM on Jul. 7, 2009