I am looking for a job in the medical field as a Medical Receptionist.

It is very hard to find a job in that field because mnost people are looking for someone who has experience. How do I get the experience if I can't get the job? I am still in school, I have at least four months left. Please help.

lashay_87401

Asked by lashay_87401 at 8:42 PM on Jul. 6, 2009 in Money & Work

• Take microsoft office classes and medical terminology
    Anonymous

• The time old question, lol, volunteer, or do something where its similatr ask. You can work at Procard. It's free and it's medical field.

IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 8:50 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• Take the medical classes such as medical insurance, terminology and office procedures. Make sure you have computer knowledge. Thats what I did and was lucky enough to get a job at a Dialysis clinic less than a mile from my home. Unfortunately these days without experience you need luck. Many places will hire you with this and teach you any software they use.
    Good Luck!
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:55 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• take some classes....learn their software....but then again alot of offices hire medical asst/nurses to do everything these days.....
    michaux

Answer by michaux at 11:03 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• What has the school's placement office told you?

Answer by rkoloms at 8:17 AM on Jul. 7, 2009