Any ideas on getting my sex drive back?

my boyfriend and I have been so tense lately and I know it's because I am never in the mood..and he has had to wait awhile. I had our baby 5 months ago and havent been in the mood the whole pregnancy and since. He doesn't understand that its just because of the hormones and I can't help it. As much as I tell him it has nothing to do with him he doesn't believe me. Our relationship is going downhill I need help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:51 PM on Jul. 6, 2009 in Relationships

• Try getting a sitter and having a romantic night out or even a romantic night in. Have a drink or too and just relax. Sometimes you just need something to jump start your sex drive once in a while. Its hard with a little one.
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 8:56 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• You could try taking those libido supplement things. I have the same problem, but I just tell him to go take care of himself and then come talk when he isn't so cranky.
    OwensMama824

Answer by OwensMama824 at 9:12 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• talk to your doctor first but when that happens to me I take 5 mg of DHEA twice a day. I put it in my tea. It comes in 25 mg capsules so I have to break it open. I've read you don't need more than 10 mg a day. Not sure why they make such large doses if we don't need that much but they do.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:15 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• Porn?
    Anonymous

• After i had my daughter It really took me about 10months to get my sex drive back. Hang in there!
    emilysmom401

Answer by emilysmom401 at 9:24 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• I've had my baby 3 months ago and what helps us when he wants it and I don't is watching porn together.
    Anonymous

• Go to the doctor to get things straightened out if it really is a hormonal issue.

Get rid of the baby on a regular basis so you can be alone. Think daycare, babysitter, family friend, grandparents. Get out for the afternoon/night and have fun together. Go go-carting. Play mini golf. Ride horses. Take a picnic. Do something fun and carefree.

Take a nap during the day so you won't be so tired at night.

Don't save sex for bedtime. Try doing it at different times of day and in different rooms of the house.

Foreplay. Oral. A good blowjob goes a looooooong way.

Initiate sex. Enthusiastically. The more you have sex, the more you'll crave it.

Flirt with him like you did when you were still dating. Listen to him. Joke with him. Cop a feel in the kitchen. Hold hands. Cuddle on the couch. Be physical and affectionate.
    Mousuke

Answer by Mousuke at 4:06 AM on Jul. 7, 2009