Bleeding, abnormal sac, no HB, etc...

Ok...I have been having a hell of a pregnancy. I found out I was pregnant on Wednesday June 17th. One week later I started lightly bleeding/spotting.
I had my HCG levels tested on June 24th...14,700 and June 26th...17,800. When I told the doctor I was still bleeding they had me come in for an u/s. I had the 1st u/s June 26 (6wk preg). There was a sac but nothing else. Then I had to go back for the 2nd u/s June 30. This time they said the sac was abnormally shaped and couldn't see anything. They told me it was most likely a blighted ovum or a pregnancy with no baby. Well....I went back to today for the 3rd u/s (about 7wk preg) and the sac is round again and there was a fetal pole but no heartbeat. The sac size was 12mm at 5wks and today was 22mm.
My question is has anyone else encountered any of these issues and how did it turn out. We go back next Monday July 13th for our 4th ultrasound!

alexandersmom03

Asked by alexandersmom03 at 9:02 PM on Jul. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I have not experienced this but have had two miscarriages and I understand the absolute terror you must be feeling. Maybe baby is running a little behind schedule? I hope everything turns out ok for you! Good luck!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 9:09 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• Did you ask your doctor if you saw him/her or was it only the tech? It seems odd to me. At 8 weeks in my ultrasound you could see little arm buds, etc. I also had an ultrasound at 6 weeks, same pregnancy and you could see the heartbeat. It's good that yours is growing though. When do you go back for another ultrasound? Good luck!
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 9:35 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• My doc does the ultrasound. We go back on Monday. It is growing so that is giving us a lot of hope. Last week we were sent home pretty much expecting to talk about a D&C so this is defiantly some positive news...I just hope it works out and we are not setting ourselves up for more heartbreak!
    alexandersmom03

Answer by alexandersmom03 at 11:49 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• I've heard many other women have this same sort of response from a doctor. Told early on that the pregnancy was not viable, urged to have D&Cs, etc. And I have also heard from quite a few that they just kept pressing on, and end up with healthy babies. That's the problem with such early ultrasounds, many times the tech just doesn't see everything right away. I own a blighted ovum aka anembryonic pregnancy group on here, and we've had a few members come in with situations similar this and things turned out fine in the end. Hope everything goes well for you <3
    jemm

Answer by jemm at 1:27 AM on Jul. 7, 2009