so what do you so when your step daughter is driving a wedge between you and your husband. And you husband refused to allow you to discipline her (by taking priviledges away) and he does not discipline her himself.

He won't talk to me, the teenager is always right or she manipulates stories to her advantage. He never takes responsibility and he won't listen to me or work with me. He spends more time texting her when she is not here then spending time with me. Her own mother is making her leave a week early to come back here. I don't want her here. That wasn't the deal. She is here all year except this one 2 week period. Now he tells me she is coming home because she wants to and if I don;t like it he will move out. I feel hopeless.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:03 PM on Jul. 6, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• Sorry to tell ya, but you'll always be in line behind her. She's his daughter, after all. She'll always come first. Always be right. Manipulative or not.... that's just the way it is. When you marry someone with children, it's a package deal.

If you can't get along with her, you won't be able to get along with him either. I'm not saying you should just give in to her every whim to keep the peace, but if he's always siding with her, letter her rule the roost, & giving you ultimatums --- maybe you should consider them & think about going.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 9:08 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• When you marry a man with kids you are "marrying" the kids as well. Sorry but that is the way it is. For him to put you before her would be a red flag.

Anonymous

• I was a step parent when my husband thirteen year daughter came to live with us . Before that we got her every weekend and for the summer months. My husband was always feel bad about something when it came to her. We had two other child one from other marriage that was mine and one that was ours Do you have other child together with your husband?
    May be you and your husband can go away from home and talk about this. Some place that you just can talk . Go for a walk ,make a nice picnic . The thing that I remember about that time was we need to learn how to talk to each other,but more important we learn to listen to each other . It hard because some time it feel like he loves her more than you.
    I so learn that the way I talk to her some times wasn't very nice it the way I used some words. Hope this help ! Good luck
    Kittykate

Answer by Kittykate at 9:27 PM on Jul. 6, 2009