Does anyone have ideas for keeping busy/lessening anxiety during the two week wait?

My husband and I have been ttc for 8 months now (we're in our 8th month) and while we know that it will happen at the right time, I'm still getting frustrated and anxious! Since we're not telling anyone about ttc, I have minimal support. Thanks, ladies!

TP1283

Asked by TP1283 at 9:04 PM on Jul. 6, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Research, cafemom Q's, TLC's episodes (bringing home baby, baby story, wedding story, etc.)...I couldn't stop thinking about it! Don't destract yourself...Delve into whatever you want to know and learn. You'll be prepaired more than others when you finally do get a positive result. Make peace w/ the support that you have, which isn't much, and broaden it though sites like this.
    hermajesty2

Answer by hermajesty2 at 9:31 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• Well i know exactly what you feel my husband and i are ttc and the two week wait is stressful and filled with anxiety but i agree with the above the more you educate yourself with sites such as these the less anxiety you will have the better on ttc its not good to stress yourself out with the two week wait or at all it lowers your chances in being able to conceive
    lazo060109

Answer by lazo060109 at 12:23 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Thanks everyone for your help! Trying to be patient is challenging! My husband cares and listens to me, but it's easier for him to just let it happen when it does.
    TP1283

Answer by TP1283 at 9:36 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• giiirl! i feel you my fiance and i have been TTC for aout 6 mo. now and i have been so anxious, ive even gotten a false positive (was a mmer forreal), but i started getting on these sites and just read up about alotta stuff and i just started my own business so it helps alot keeping busy. try to find a hobby, or maybe pick up a book or two from the library. an idol mind makes u go nukking futs! lol. GL!
    Sh33rA

Answer by Sh33rA at 11:11 PM on Jul. 8, 2009