How do you wash a new toddlers hair

I am having problems washing my toddlers hair he doesnt yet understand how to control his head and has outgrown his infant/toddler tub.

qustnmrk28

Asked by qustnmrk28 at 9:19 PM on Jul. 6, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I put my hand behind his head to help support his head and had him tilt his head backward so that the soap wouldn't run into his eyes. After a while he could tilt his head forward and close his eyes. We have a hose thingie on the shower faucet, so I used that, but if you don't have one you can use a cup to pour water over his head.

Answer by Bmat at 9:26 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• I just dump the water over their head with a cup. I don't put alot of water in the tub so it's no biggie if they fall under. You can buy a special cup at walmart for about $5 that has one side with a rubber like edge that will flex when you press it against their head to keep the water out of their face and they also have hats that I think is for a similar purpose.
    Tajcc

Answer by Tajcc at 9:34 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• They have seats for babies/toddlers for the tub. I used one for my daughter. I believe i got it at either Target or Walmart.......
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 9:53 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• i just use a plastic bowl form the cubords and i told my dd to look up and i sheild her eyes with the opisit hand just to be sure soap doesnt get in them also try no to get soap in her eyes even though u can get big kid soap that suppose to be tearless it still stings
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 9:56 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• I have one of those baby seats. To use it they have to be able to sit up pretty good though. I use the little squirt bottle they gave me at the hospital to wash my son's hair.....like a mini shower.
    officerjoeys

Answer by officerjoeys at 9:57 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• my daughter hated (and still does) water getting on her face and on her eyes so i give her a dry< folded up wash rag and tell her to hold it over her face real tight and i tilt her head back and wash away...walmart has these new "cups" for washing toddlers hair. it has a rubbery thing so you can put it right on the top of the forehead and pour the water over the hair without it going all down the front. good luck :)
    lilysmommy23

Answer by lilysmommy23 at 11:18 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• For my son, I got a bath visor from Babies R Us. It keep the water out of his eyes and ears and he love wearing it. I also taught him how to pour water on himself. Now he will pour water on his own head and it doesn't scare him.
    mandamitch

Answer by mandamitch at 11:48 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• I bathe with her. I sit her in my lap, use a cup or washcloth to get her wet then use baby stuff to wash her hair. When it's time to rinse, I lay her over my lap with her knees folded over one leg and her head on my arm then use a cup to gently rinse the water from her head. It sometimes scares her and she pulls closer to me. Sometimes she won't let me do that with her so I just pour water on her head to get it rinsed out. I have a washcloth on the side and when I pour the water I quickly wipe her face off because she doesn't like water in her eyes. That seems to go ok....
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 6:00 AM on Jul. 7, 2009