Has anyone tried the hypnobirthing method for child birth?

Was it a success?
What did you like about it?
What did you dislike about it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:19 PM on Jul. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Get the epidural...I swear you wouldn't want it any other way!
    hermajesty2

Answer by hermajesty2 at 9:33 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• I've had an epidural before and I'd like to try natural this time. But thanks for your suggestion... it was extremely helpful!
    Anonymous

• I had to have a c-section due to breech but I was in labor for about 8 hrs. with no medication. Before I knew I was breech I read the hypnobirthing book, and although it was a little weird, some of the breathing techniques really did work. I'm glad I got to use them.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 10:30 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• I plan on trying to do a hypnobirth for the next one. I tried with the last one during an induction, but labor was so unpleasant with all the nurses and people coming in and interrupting that I will do most of my labor at home next time.
    Anonymous

• Yes it worked to an extent. It works great for some and others it doesn't work at all. So, give it a try. Doesn't hurt...oh wait, it does...lol :)
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 10:57 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• I did hypnobirthing and it really helped get me to 4 centimeters... at which point I had an epidural, the pain was so bad. But what the hypnobirthing DID do, in addition to the relaxation techniques, was get me to a point where I was okay with the epidural, or C-section if it came to that, or whatever. It was still going to be my birth experience, whether it was natural or not, and I think that's the important part.

Also? He came 1 week early like I said he would (no one believed me), I went from 10 min contractions to 5 min in less than 4 hours. I pushed for 45 minutes and he was out. From 1st contraction to birth, it was 15 hours. Birth was way easier than the next week of recovery!
    KarenAmbrose

Answer by KarenAmbrose at 12:14 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I used HypnoBirthing for my 2nd baby and it really helped me in many ways. I used Hypnobabies with my 3rd birth and with the extra CDs and tools, I had a completely comfortable birth. You can see my birth video at www.pregnancybirthandbabies.com
    EnjoyBirth

Answer by EnjoyBirth at 6:09 PM on Sep. 23, 2009