Dinner time????

My 1 year old DS refuses to eat meat. For dinner I always give him a veggie a fruit and an entree but I am running out of entree ideas. I feel bad giving him what seems like pasta or a whole wheat pancake for dinner every night. Without him eating mean pasta is all I can think of an an entree. I am looking for additional dinner ideas!???

Scoobersmom

Asked by Scoobersmom at 9:24 PM on Jul. 6, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Ive been running into the same problem with my dd.. She is 13 months. I recently tried ravioli that had chicken and pesto in it and she ate that. She also loves hot dogs. That is all the meats weve been able to get her to eat! Let me know if you find a secret toddler meat loving recipe! lol
    emilysmom401

Answer by emilysmom401 at 9:28 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• When my ds is refusing to eat meat I give him some Gerber meat sticks. He loves them. Or, if I give him shredded chicken I mix it with gravy....he'll eat it then.
    officerjoeys

Answer by officerjoeys at 9:49 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• yes, my son hates meat too. he will eat hotdogs, and yogurt has a lot of protien in it too so he loves dora the explorer yogurt LOL. he's so picky
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:02 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• my step-son was the pickiest eater alive, i was worried that he was not getting enough nutrients or vitamins that he needed and it killed me that he ate the same thing every single day....oatmeal, penut butter and jelly sammys and chicken nuggets and fries. he is 11 now and his list of things he will eat hasnt grown much at all. he still will not touch a burger or steak or anything like that...we took him to the nutritionist and they said to just feed him what he will eat and give him a flintstone vitamin and that we could give him like ensure (the drink with nutrients in it) and make sure he drinks enough water and he will be fine. and he has always been healthy. we would still love for him to eat more...but as long as he eats something...i guess its ok. it does get stressfull making a seperate dinner for him but...its even more stressfull if we dont...so i guess he wins. good luck momma :)
    lilysmommy23

Answer by lilysmommy23 at 11:25 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• my DD will eat anything BUT meat! she wont eat meat unless i put it in her mouth (she would never spit out food the little porker haha). the only meat she will willingly eat is shredded chicken breast w/ a small amount of pepper. sometimes i will make her half of half a serving of mac & cheese & put some chicken w/ it. she gobbles it up then! she also LOVES tuna, but i dont know any healthy ways to serve it.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:37 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• Can you make a home made mac and cheese? The cheese will provide some protein and you can add whatever you want to it. Sometimes I throw in some peas and ham just for a little variety.

Do you need/want a simple mac and cheese recipe?
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:19 AM on Jul. 7, 2009