what od you think of this

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/europe/article574768.ece

moki1984

Asked by moki1984 at 9:36 PM on Jul. 6, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I'll have to look into that more. That article was written almost 4 years ago already, so I'm wondering if anything ha been clarified along those lines.
    Anonymous

• I feel they are trying to set up for The Apocryphia to come into play and become the truth. It's all gonna start happening. The time of peace is coming and then the blue laws will happen. Watch out wrold Sunday Law is coming. It won't come out right at first but watch out when all of asudden you can't sell certain hours on sunday, or buy. The nit's the whole day. then you can't walk or drive past a certain distance. Then no working and then you have to worship and regard Sunday as holy. check it it's already happening in the UK.
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 11:18 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• The title of the article is misleading (JMHO). Within the article it says: "“We should not expect to find in Scripture full scientific accuracy or complete historical precision,” they say in The Gift of Scripture." I don't take this to mean that they feel that the Bible is fallible, simply that the purpose of the Bible isn't to be a scientific document or complete, accurate historical representation of the entire world so one should not use the Bible to establish scientific theories or historical absolutes. In addition, metaphorical passages do NOT make them in err. It just means the meaning of the passages must be deciphered past the literal body of the text.

This is JMHO of what I feel they mean in this instance. In other instances, I have heard this arguement in the past from SOME Catholics, in defense of some of their traditions that seemingly contradict scripture. Now THAT stance, I definitely disagree with.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 11:20 PM on Jul. 6, 2009