what do you do with an out of control teen?

ok so in the last year (maybe longer) my sister (15) has run away from home with an 18 year old boy , had many out burst towards me n various other family members n failed a drug test showing she has marajuana in her system. my mom is at her whitts end n wants 2 send her 2 my fathers. since she is in the system with the local courts n DHHS they wont let her move until she appears in court n then they will decide. shes been physically abusive toward me n my daughter who is only 2 n every1 is just fed up. does any1 have any legal knowledge on this kinda situation. does any1 have any advice? because now she decides 2day 2 go 2 cousiling n tell her cousilor that my older brother is abusing her, that my dad held a kitchen knife 2 her and that various other people in the family are giving her cigarettes when clearly none of these accusations are true. my mother cant handle it anymore please help me help her.

nattysmommie

Asked by nattysmommie at 10:04 PM on Jul. 6, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• possibly a short term sommitment to a facility with a teen unit....
    good luck
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 10:06 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• I don't think you can commit her to one of those facilities unless she is threatening harm to herself or is threatening to harm others. If she is in counseling they will decide on what's best. If she is abusive toward you and your child then I suggest staying away from her for a while. Sometimes allowing a child to make her own mistakes and letting the court deal with her is the way to go. I'd try to get an early court date.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:10 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• boot camp..thats what they did to my brother,and then when he came out he was put in the rotc program at school,and had to go to court every week, just to make sure he was going. your mom can requst all these things...thats what mine did
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 10:25 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• well the doc wants to put her on ambien i think thats what it is but it is gonna cost mom 400 bucks and they have already said no to the facility because they dont see her as a threat yet and mom has looked in to boot camp and it costs way too much and plus my mom did research and it stated that kids who go into those types of things unwillingly mostly end up just back where they started before and sometime worse. so she said no to that. my mom said that really the only option that her probation officer gave her as of now is to give up custody to the state until my dad can take her. but she dont wanna do that because she dont feel it is right. tomarrow my mom is shutting her cell phone off for good and she knows that it will be a big fight for the whole day so she said she will just wait and see how bad it gets and if it gets physical she will take action and call the police and have her put in juvy til her court date.
    nattysmommie

Answer by nattysmommie at 12:05 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• My brother was completely out of control and my parents sent him to one of those difficult teen care facilities. He was there for two years and it did wonders. I would really recommend one of those facilities.

Military school is good too, but better for boys, I think.
    Mousuke

Answer by Mousuke at 4:11 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• i was an out of control teen. my mom sent me to live at my dads, i ran away from there. she put me on PINS (people in need of supervision), and they put me in group homes here and there for 30 days, she put me in psychiatric hospitals .. nothing really worked. i just grew out of it eventually. i was angry about my life at the time and thinking about it, i really dont know if anything she did would have changed it at the time. this lasted from when i was 13 until i was 17. Now ive got my GED, im almost done with my associates degree, i have a son, and my life is great. so good luck.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 9:43 PM on Jul. 8, 2009