so im sitting here watching nick at nite...... *not happy happening here*

fresh prince of bellair is on....family stuff right? you are correct-fresh prince of bellair IS family stuff and wont give my 2 year old sitting next to me nightmares.....BUT I BET THE COMMERCIALS WILL! really? you need to show "the haunting" advertisements? now im sure someone is going to say-well your kid doesnt need to watch tv. i will say now-save it. dont waste your time. we are not in bed and during the day he watches very little if any tv. its mainly on for background noise after daddy goes to work... lol sorry im on the defense but its the week before AF and im a little testy so i apologise in advance (im sure you ladies know how it is). regardless, nick at night should not be showing advertisements like that on a family network...or at least give a little heads up. am i the only one that feels this way...maybe im being too "mom". anyone else notice this and does it bother you too?

SThompson21

Asked by SThompson21 at 10:10 PM on Jul. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I really don't think Fresh Prince is family entertainment. Sure, a two year old is too young to get what he's saying but Will is obsessed with sex, it's like saying that Friends is family entertainment. It still does annoy me to see the commercials, but it isn't like it's on between Sesame Street and Clifford.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 10:24 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• well like i said, we dont watch daytime tv (occationally i will get to catch my soaps but thats only when andy is playing in his room or distracted with something else-he isnt much of a tv watcher during the day)...im aware the fresh prince of bell aire isnt kid friendly but normally george lopez or something similar is on and i dont really have a problem with that. regardless, what is up with these commercials on "family-ish channels"?
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 10:40 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• The other day we were watching something on one of the family channels and an advertisement for tampons came on. And we were watching a children's movie...maybe Sky High on cable and trailer for Haunting in Connecticut came on. Drives me crazy.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 10:42 PM on Jul. 6, 2009