is it normal for my blood to be....

coming out with I go #2? Its happened twice now,and it wasn't just a little bit.I asked hubby if it was normal and he said he thought it was.But I don't think he really knows. Im 28wks pregnant and I am kinda worried about it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:38 PM on Jul. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• No, you should not be bleeding from there. If it's really more than a little and it's concerning you, go to the ER, it's never normal to bleed when you have a bowel movement...unless you have hemorrhoids which would only produce a small amount of blood when you wipe.
    javila

Answer by javila at 10:46 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• you mean from the anus or the vagina? bc if it is from the anus you probably have internal hemorrhoids or fissures and that is normal during pregnancy

princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:46 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• What do you mean? Is blood coming out from your rectum or your vagina? Makes a difference! If it's coming from your rectum, you should try a stool softener like Colace, try not to strain, maybe it's hemorroids, etc. If it's from your vagina, depends. Just a little when you wipe? Or do you need a pantyliner? Dark red, pink, etc? Anytime you have bleeding from your vagina during pregnancy, you should consult your OB.
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 10:46 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• coming from my rectum. and it shouldn't be a hemorrhoid, and it wasn't just when I wiped.it looked like just blood came out when I went #2,like all of the water was dark red
    Anonymous

• yeah if the water looked dark red you need to go get checked out. even if it turns out to be hemorrhoids its always better to get it checked out then to let it go and have it be something serious.
    javila

Answer by javila at 10:50 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• You need to go to the dr! Blood should not fill the toilet when you poop. How do you know it's not a hemorroid? I had a patient once who had hemorroids that burst (internal). Her chux pad was full of blood.
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 10:51 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• it sounds like an internal hemorroid to me. i had something like that during my second pregnancy. it would bleed a lot, like you are describing. i went to the dr. but if i recall they couldn't really do anything bc i was pregnant. it eventually went away though
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:56 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• it sounds like a hemorroid to me and that is common with late pregnancy because the pressure of the baby causes constipation and straining. the bleeding from that can be a lot. I had the same thing just like u described. If you're really concerned I would say consult with your ob/gyn or general doctor
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Jul. 7, 2009