formula

my baby is 7 weeks old and eats 4 oz of formula every 3 hours. when will she start eating more in a feeding? and waiting longer in between feedings?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:39 PM on Jul. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Probably when she's much, much older.
    HisMommy414

Answer by HisMommy414 at 10:46 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• No one can answer that. Every baby is different.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 10:53 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• When she starts solids? Every baby is different, my son was eating 3 oz every 3 hours at 4 months and my sister's baby is 4 months eating 6oz every 2 hours.
    OwensMama824

Answer by OwensMama824 at 10:56 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• My baby was a hog! She ate all the time and I always worried about it. Everyone is different.
    Lauren24

Answer by Lauren24 at 11:23 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• I think when they start solids is when there is more time between bottles. My daughter is 4 months (only eating a tiny bit of rice cereal in the evening from a spoon) and she eats 6 oz every 3 hours. If you think she is hungry after 4 oz, make a 5 oz bottle and see what she eats of that. If she eats 5 oz, then you know she is ready for more but I think until they start solids, you still have to do about every 3 hours.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 11:31 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• There really is no way to tell. So much depends on HER physical needs - which are different than any baby ever. Just keep giving her what she needs. That's the very best thing you can do.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:06 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• When she's ready.

Mine were taking 8oz every 2-3 hours at 6 weeks.

Just go with her flow.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 8:55 AM on Jul. 7, 2009