I had a cyst pop through my skin now its an open sore.

Im due in a few days, and I wanted to breast feed- how do I get this thing to close- it has alot of puss and blood coming from it.
i just woke up with it? I dont even know what caused it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:50 PM on Jul. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• op I'd tell ob you're going - leave message with answering service to tell ob. Our fingers carry germs no matter how clean we think we are. Don't let ob downplay the situation. With your ob being notified plus if he doesn't call in while your there tell e r you need an ob consult. e r's are supposed to have on call specialists 24 7. do let us know!!
    Anonymous

• you mean its on your breast? call your doc now you need antibiotics. put warm wash cloths on it to draw out the puss. some where around you or e r is a twentyfour hour pharmacy. in fact I'd call ob and tell him that you are heading to e r. you don't want the infection to spread even though its opened.
    Anonymous

• You do need to get seen asap. You don't want it to turn into a strep or staph infection.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 10:56 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• I agree with the anon...go to the hospital, you can never be to safe when you are pregnant. Would you let us know when you find anything out about it?
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 10:56 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• Where is the cust and do clean it out very well! If it left a hole then pack it with cotton and cover it. You also need antibiotics because if it gets infected it will be even worse for you and baby.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 10:57 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• I will call my OB now, I will update asap/
    Anonymous

• *cyst*
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 10:58 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• I get cysts all the time. Just bc it's pops doesn't mean there is an infection. Put alcohol on it every hour or so. It will be fine. If it still bothers you when you go into labor have the dr look at it then.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:58 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• Could it be a boil? It sounds like one and they can be VERY painful and you need to be on antibiotics ASAP. They will also spread to other places on your body or to other people. Be seen ASAP.
    haroldswife

Answer by haroldswife at 10:58 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• A staph or strep infection present during delivery has the possibility of being fatal to an infant. You should be seen by a doctor asap.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 11:07 PM on Jul. 6, 2009