my 2 month old

my daughter is 7 weeks old she will be two months old on the 14th she is VERY fussy ahe will just cry and cry i dont know what to do for her she seems fassy but gas drops dont work for her she eat wierd too sometimes she will eat 5oz every 4 hours other times she will eat 3oz every 2-3 hours is something wrong and does anyone know what could be wrong with her or anything that will help her calm down. i feel like im doing something wrong please help

xchevycheyennex

Asked by xchevycheyennex at 11:07 PM on Jul. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It sounds like she might have colic or acid reflux. My son had both, and he was on prescription medication for the second.
    colic, there's really not much to do. :[
    I did try Gripe Water and it worked wonders.
    Next time she gets this way, lay her on her tummy on your lap or chest and just gently rock her back and forth.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 11:09 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• GRIPE WATER!!!! It is a natural liquid that has ginger and a few other things. It is for colic, hiccups, etc. It is worth a try. It worked wonders for my daughter when she just wanted to cry.....I called it her bi*chy phase!!! HAHA....At 7 weeks old I wouldn't worry too much about the feeding schedule. As long as she is eating and has enough wet diapers a day then just let her eat when she wants to. If she is gaining weight and seems like shes getting enough.....then you are doing good. You can also try warm baths to calm her down with lavender bath wash. The bath can also help with the gas if thats what it is. You can also do a baby massage ( look up how to) it helps relax them. GL If I can help anymore feel free to ask. Hope something helps you
    rowdy24

Answer by rowdy24 at 11:16 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• Talk to your doctor next time. There are learning SO much about colic! It is often acid reflux or immature intestinal systems. They can give prescriptions. My 2nd born had colic and we had a prescription I could give him. I used it only when he was at his worst, and it helped so much! It won't cure it - but his crying and screaming would only last an hour or so instead of 3 to 6!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 11:20 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• Is she formula fed or breast fed? My daughter would not breast fed so we had to do formula and she had horrible gas that smelled like sulfer (rotten eggs). Well we discovered she was lactose intolerent (just like me) and was unable to handle milk based formula. We switched to soy and within 2 bottles, I had a different baby. She was smiling and cooing.

If it is colic, not much you can do. Just make sure her needs are met like bottle and changing and just hang on for the ride. Cuddling on the couch also helped with my daughter. I would turn out all the lights and just lay there with her skin to skin with a blanket over her. Sometimes a blanket thrown into the dryer for a couple minutes to warm it up and then swaddle her with it can work some magic. They use warm blankets in the hospital to help with a fussy baby. Good Luck!
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 11:28 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• First of all talk her pedetrician. Probably is colic. Try to change her formula (if your giving it) trust me that could be it. If not you can give her chamomille tea (I asked her ped first and she said it was ok for my baby to drink) it seems to help the stomach. Try to find it natural instead of the package. Warm it and give her like 2oz not a lot ok? If you are breastfeeding than write down what your eating, and what time you feed her and see what reaction she has. If she cries after eating then is something that YOU are eating and is causing her stomach problems. Hope you can overcome this, you will :)
    Salma25

Answer by Salma25 at 12:01 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• definitely upset stomach, due to colic or reflux or just plain upset stomach "sour belly" from eating too much. talk to your child's pediatrician for sure. by the way, my son will be one-month-old on the 14th. so happy 2 months to your baby girl, i hope she feels better soon!!!
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 12:34 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I don't think it will solve all of your problems, but I'm a firm believer of feeding by a schedule. Most hospitals put babies on a 3 hour feeding schedule and I think that generally works best. Get her used to eating at predictable times. Most babies, and kids for that matter, thrive on routine and consistency.
    But definitely might be colic, and I sympathize with you. Hopefully it will pass soon.

Answer by missanc at 9:03 AM on Jul. 7, 2009